Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Late 2024)

Really? Brer Rabbit was leaving his home for a better life & adventure, in search of his "laughing place", despite all the warning signs. He was also stalked by Brer Fox/Bear during this misadventure. After his daring escape of being thrown into the Briar Patch, he realized he had everything he needed at home.

It was very simple. Just listen to the soundtrack, it pretty much plays out the above through song.
I am not alone, anyone I know in GP really just rides it for drop and not storyline, most just know it has a rabbit and you are escaping something. I think you give the GP way more credit than they should get lol

I honestly think this will also be a huge GP hit and people will want to ride it.

To put it nicely, they're complete morons even when something is simplified to pre-school level
I just want to push back on this a little (maybe a lot). Not only do I think it's a totally unhelpful generalization, I also think it's patently untrue. Guests are trying to make sense of what can often be a complicated set of rules in an unfamiliar space (that they spend a lot of money to visit!) That can lead to confusion and, yes, poor decision making.

And while I think much of that burden obviously falls to employees who need to provide consistent service to a mix of guests with a wide array of knowledge/experience/patience, that doesn't make those guests morons. It certainly speaks to the specialization (and patience) needed to work at a theme park, and is part of the reason I'd argue these employees are diabolically underpaid.

But, just speaking generally, it's neither helpful nor accurate to call a large, varied group of people "dumb" or "morons."

I just don't like people, but dealing with them wasn't & isn't too challenging most of the time. But you're going to get ones that aren't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed when they're confused by a fully visible ride.

Honestly, there are times you're bored out of your mind & need to socialize with them. Especially during rife downtime. Always good to know showtimes & park closing so you can suggest something else to do instead of wait for a ride to "maybe" reopen. Usually if it was a family, I'd just yell them to comeback & I'd let them through express since they already suffered the line once.

I’m really concerned that this will basically be a bigger Frozen Ever After.
At least that was a well done redo of the previous ride... minus the projection faces of course.

Although I can understand the "light bleed" would ruin the "ice palace tunnel" effect, I still wish they would've kept the waterfall/opening at the entrance because Elsa was sending us "back back over the falls"..

Music lines up to what I was expecting, and When We're Human in that particular section matches pretty well to some rumored story beats.

“Dig a Little Deeper” sounds way too upbeat for a prelude to a 52ft drop.

By all accounts, TBA is not trying to be intimidating, so it's going to be pretty lighthearted and upbeat, so "Dig a Little Deeper" fits that just fine.

By all accounts, TBA is not trying to be intimidating, so it's going to be pretty lighthearted and upbeat, so "Dig a Little Deeper" fits that just fine.
Splash Mountain was also pretty lighthearted and upbeat…except for the drop. There should be a tonal shift before the final drop and it sounds like there won’t be. I think it’s a big mistake to do that.

Splash Mountain was also pretty lighthearted and upbeat…except for the drop. There should be a tonal shift before the final drop and it sounds like there won’t be. I think it’s a big mistake to do that.
Fair enough, but I think a drop can just as easily be "fun" as it can be "frightening." That said, I'm also curious to see what they do with it.

Fair enough, but I think a drop can just as easily be "fun" as it can be "frightening." That said, I'm also curious to see what they do with it.
I agree, I don't understand for this t0 be splash 2.0. It can be a completely different storyline and tone and still be a good ride. It is a ride that will attract young kids and so making the tone more happy seems fine to me.

I agree, I don't understand for this t0 be splash 2.0. It can be a completely different storyline and tone and still be a good ride. It is a ride that will attract young kids and so making the tone more happy seems fine to me.
The major feeling I had after riding Splash is that I always exited the attraction with a Big Smile on my face. I think Tiana will do the same.