Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
YOU WILL SEE THE EPCOT FOUNTAIN AND LIKE IT!
end of Jan. 2020-pre covid. Spur of the moment trip & met up with Mark @UK-Trigg . We stopped at Disney Springs to get a ticket for DHS next day to try to get a ride in on ROTR. First we had to get in line at a kiosk/ ticket booth
on the grounds. They gave us a piece of paper and directed us to a building a bit away. When we got to that building we had to queue up again and they gave us a number. When our number was called, after a long wait, then we had to get in another line to get our ticket. WTF, that's absurd. The Mgt. at WDW must think their ...is gold. That all took over an hour. Absolutely crazy....Then, of course we get to DHS the next morning in that horde of people, and our boarding pass number never gets called. Where do they find these mgt. types that are so out of touch with the needs of their guests?.....and that mgt. attitude is one of the main reasons why we spend most of our vacations at Universal

It's always interesting to me that Splash Mountain was built in the late 80's

That's 32 years the ride has been around..Which is like 50 in Universal years

Has it ever gone down for an extended period of time to replace aged infrastructure?

I have to imagine the nuts and bolts on this thing are ancient.

It's always interesting to me that Splash Mountain was built in the late 80's

That's 32 years the ride has been around..Which is like 50 in Universal years

Has it ever gone down for an extended period of time to replace aged infrastructure?

I have to imagine the nuts and bolts on this thing are ancient.
I don't think so. Matterhorn I know is in bad shape but they can't rebuild alot of it because of new laws would require them to make the base of the mountain much bigger

But I would assume (or hope) that this refurbish will be much more than just adding a new theme and updating the ride system.

Also this is a pipe dream but my god...please allow two people per seat on a log at Disneyland. Even if only kids/kids with parents can really do it it will help capacity

Reactions: shiekra38
said this before...but Im fine with this redo if they spend the money. This could be an incredible ride if done right. It also seems obvious that a lot of the animatronics will be re-used and rethemed. Hell they probably can leave the riverboat at the end and just add some new detailing and AA characters. UOR changes stuff all the time, but never faces the same backlash that Disney does when they make even minor changes. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug...

Reactions: deadbydawn
said this before...but Im fine with this redo if they spend the money. This could be an incredible ride if done right. It also seems obvious that a lot of the animatronics will be re-used and rethemed. Hell they probably can leave the riverboat at the end and just add some new detailing and AA characters. UOR changes stuff all the time, but never faces the same backlash that Disney does when they make even minor changes. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug...
To be fair this is kinda different

This is a rare attraction. We will NEVER see Brer Rabbit after this. Even ET still gets re released in theaters or on a T shirt but this is most likely the end of the road for these characters Also the soundtrack is really good

Good. These stories and characters were taken without permission from slaves, repackaged in the books using stereotypical colloquial verbiage, then resold with none of the money or attention going to the slaves.

Good. Riddence.
lol

Lets pretend for ten mins Universal or Disney doesn't profit in a million ways off living people now. Did Disney even pay to use the story's?

lol

Lets pretend for ten mins Universal or Disney doesn't profit in a million ways off living people now. Did Disney even pay to use the story's?

I'm confused on what you're bringing up here, but yes Disney did pay for the rights from Joel Chandler Harris' family.

This change is happening - better to accept it sooner then later.

Why have you heard nothing? Because Disney was quite frankly still in the early development stage of this redo, but used the movement last summer as an opportune time to announce the change and receive (I assume in their hope) minimal pushback.

Once they are actually ready to do the thing, a closure will be announced.

I'm confused on what you're bringing up here, but yes Disney did pay for the rights from Joel Chandler Harris' family.
The first part I'm saying Disney and Universal today still profit off poor people and do things like ignore China human rights violations for money...so hard to have the high ground when we all support these companies

Second I was asking a question if Disney did or did not pay for the right since many movies they just took from old story's and paid no one

No one outside of Disney from 50 years ago is bad for liking the characters. I can enjoy them even if the history sucks, especially now that they are leaving anyway

The first part I'm saying Disney and Universal today still profit off poor people and do things like ignore China human rights violations for money...so hard to have the high ground when we all support these companies

Second I was asking a question if Disney did or did not pay for the right since many movies they just took from old story's and paid no one
I have my qualms with Disney as a company, trust me, there's a laundry list.

However, them changing Splash Mountain does acknowledge some sense of being self aware of past mistakes

I also don't like how you compared Brer Rabbit to ET, but whatevs

This change is happening - better to accept it sooner then later.

Why have you heard nothing? Because Disney was quite frankly still in the early development stage of this redo, but used the movement last summer as an opportune time to announce the change and receive (I assume in their hope) minimal pushback.

Once they are actually ready to do the thing, a closure will be announced.
Yeah, this was announced Pandora style. They announced it basically in the earliest stage of development possible, which is not normally when projects get announced. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see this implemented into the parks until late 2022 or possibly even 2023.

To be fair this is kinda different

This is a rare attraction. We will NEVER see Brer Rabbit after this. Even ET still gets re released in theaters or on a T shirt but this is most likely the end of the road for these characters Also the soundtrack is really good
lol

No one outside of Disney from 50 years ago is bad for liking the characters. I can enjoy them even if the history sucks, especially now that they are leaving anyway

There's a lot to unpack here.... :what:

This thread is drifting into confrontational territory again.

Also this is a pipe dream but my god...please allow two people per seat on a log at Disneyland. Even if only kids/kids with parents can really do it it will help capacity

I believe this would require widening the canal and essentially rebuilding the entire structure.

It also seems obvious that a lot of the animatronics will be re-used and rethemed.

One would hope, but chatter has so far indicated the AA cast is likely being reduced somewhat significantly.

I'm down with the change. Nothing is truly sacred. I think it will be a positive move for multiple reasons, especially if the budget allows the creative team to do what they do.