Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Late 2024)

Extremely disappointing, but not totally surprising. Another "Top 10" ride for me is going away.

I have no faith this will be as good as Splash Mountain, and I expect my day at Magic Kingdom will be roughly one ride shorter going forward (after giving it an initial appraisal).

Nothing says the frontier like New Orleans! I know you had to squint to make Splash Mountain's setting fit into an otherwise "old west" land, but this is taking it quite a bit further out of theme.

This is a phenomenal idea and I can't wait to see it come to fruition. I do have some questions about the logistics given the current situation, but I imagine that stuff will surface as we move forward. All in all, it's a perfect idea that I think is in lockstep with all the other "plussing" and updates we've seen in the park in since the turn of the century. Kudos to Disney here, long time coming.

This is sort of where i'm at. I know PatF will fit great right near New Orleans Square in DL, but with MK's being in Frontierland, it does make it a bit more awkward. I'm overall actually excited to see the end product here, though.

I wonder about the longevity of Frontierland at this point. It would almost make more sense to start slowly start retheming the area to a "Liberty Land" where it's set to show off the diversity of landscape in the US or something. Then you'd be able to sort of blanket theme everything together.

Let me just say...hearing Zipadeedoodah At the end of the ride is my favorite part of every MK visit.

I love Princess and the Frog, and I usually welcome re-themes. If they have the new animatronics on the river boat singing it at the end of the new ride, I’m all in. But short of that, I’m disappointed.

I know it’s a minor grievance, but that’s also the thing about MK. Look at Pirates, Thunder, Space, Haunted Mansion....all iconic attractions that the park might make enhancements to, but never actually change. That’s because they’re historic to guests....

This isn’t just another re-theme for Disney, if Splash was based on a different IP, this would not be getting any changes (which I know is stating the obvious). I’m just saying comparing Test Track, Maelstrom or even DCA’s Tower of Terror to this is not a fair 1:1 ratio.

I know Princess and the Frog makes the most sense for the ride’s themes, but it’s far from an iconic Disney film. Compare that to Guardians for ToT or Frozen for Maelstrom....you can understand the change on those strictly because of the billions of dollars those films drove in and their given popularity.

Last edited:
HOW ABOUT WE DON"T RETHEME IT AND GIVE IT IT'S OWN RIDE?

I really think that this is kind of the best case scenario. Splash Mountain currently sits in the one section of the park where a Princess and the Frog attraction would blend in pretty seamlessly. If the re-theme is done properly, I still think your aforementioned mix of thrill, theme and song would still be valid.

I understand and support the decision, I also enjoy the movie, and the new orleans theme. However, I have almost no faith that Disney will re-create a AAA attraction at the same tier as Splash in this day in age, especially with the current downturn in park attendance due to the pandemic.

If they fill this mountain full of screens and projections it will never be the same.

Song of the South is available to purchase in Japan (or has been). Most copies people have in America are imports from Japan. They've all seen the movie recently.
On Blueray? I would like a copy of this before Disney hides this forever

Edit: Yay my first downvote. Screw having a piece of history

Last edited:
Now that my first reaction is out of the way - I have to say that the new experience will likely be better than the old one. Splash was always been at some level of disrepair over the last decade.

I am surprised that given the current financial climate, that this is where they would invest what would likely be a minimum of $250M across both coasts. My guess would be in the $350M range.

This will sell enough merchandise to pay for the re-theme. It's a Chapek dream...
It really won't.

Song of the South is available to purchase in Japan (or has been). Most copies people have in America are imports from Japan. They've all seen the movie recently.
Interesting, I guess I really have to make Japan trip a priority to get last ride because no way am I going to American theme park anytime soon and I imagine Disney wants Splash closed down as soon as possible. They might even make it 50th anniversary ride over Tron.

Also, I hope nobody judges others for wanting a last ride on Splash Mountain, problematic history aside, it is still a childhood favorite for many.

All I have to say is the second drop into darkness better involve spooky voodoo stuff! There is so much potential for this re-skin! They can even keep the river boat at the end but have the gator on there playing the trumpet. They better have a killer firefly scene, too. I'm honestly more excited for this than any other ride they're currently building. I adore Princess and the Frog and New Orleans, and this means Magic Kingdom will finally get a tiny slice of New Orleans!

All I have to say is the second drop into darkness better involve spooky voodoo stuff! There is so much potential for this re-skin! They can even keep the river boat at the end but have the gator on there playing the trumpet. They better have a killer firefly scene, too. I'm honestly more excited for this than any other ride they're currently building. I adore Princess and the Frog and New Orleans, and this means Magic Kingdom will finally get a tiny slice of New Orleans!

so many chances for beautiful bayou scenes and the lift hill with “are you ready” playing would be insane