Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no idea why they wouldn't include Dr. Facilier, especially since he's used extensively at MNSSHP and Oogie Boogie Bash. It's not like they have a history of trying to keep him out of the parks. He's always super popular at those events and would be on this ride, too.

On a ride that's as long as Splash, I just can't imagine Facilier not being included so i'm still going to hold out hope.

I have no idea why they wouldn't include Dr. Facilier, especially since he's used extensively at MNSSHP and Oogie Boogie Bash. It's not like they have a history of trying to keep him out of the parks. He's always super popular at those events and would be on this ride, too.

On a ride that's as long as Splash, I just can't imagine Facilier not being included so i'm still going to hold out hope.
Talk about a huge missed opportunity. If you're gonna do this, at the very least include his number before the final drop.

The more that comes out about this, the worse it sounds. No Dr Facilier, the log up top the mountain is gone....ugh.

I believe there are some concerns/controversy around Facilier as a character. It’s much easier to remove him from a parade/as a walk around than potentially having to redo the ride again down the line. They are hedging their bets.

I believe there are some concerns/controversy around Facilier as a character. It’s much easier to remove him from a parade/as a walk around than potentially having to redo the ride again down the line. They are hedging their bets.
lol

Disney needs to just tune the 1 percent of people out. We can have fun, its ok to have fun. Not everything has to make everyone happy

Literally them choosing not to have a villain is just insane and imganeers should have pushed for it, I can't imagine them not having fun adding him to the lift....its just so perfect

As you start going up the hill "are you ready!!
Transmogrification central!

Can you feel it?

You're changin'

You're changin'

You're changin', all right!

I hope you're satisfied

But if you ain't

Don't blame me!!

Then you start peaking over the hill and

You can blame my friends on the other side!

Its just perfect...just too perfect

Disney is like Horror Nights Hollywood x 20 when it comes to being scared to death of offending people. Ugh.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I’m not saying that’s 100% percent what’s happening. There’s honestly an 80% chance I’m remembering twitter discourse from 2 years ago (which could have had its own agenda.)

At the end of the day, we have no idea if he’s in the ride or not. If they choose not to, that’s the ride they intended to put out. Maybe we’ll find out more details on the “additional characters” tomorrow.

I’m not saying that’s 100% percent what’s happening. There’s honestly an 80% chance I’m remembering twitter discourse from 2 years ago (which could have had its own agenda.)

At the end of the day, we have no idea if he’s in the ride or not. If they choose not to, that’s the ride they intended to put out. Maybe we’ll find out more details on the “additional characters” tomorrow.
Most discourse on Twitter isn't rooted in any kind of reality

Meanwhile, Disney just lets Splash Mountain sit there and rot. “Well, we’re gutting it soon so why bother keeping it up?”. One of the most disappointing things about all this to me. WHAT ABOUT THE 5 KEYS, DISNEY?!

Reactions: belloq87
Then why are Disney and Universal acting like it is, for real both companies feel like they are run by mom groups scared that something is going to offend...someone
I've found Universal/Comcast don't really entertain that anymore...plus Universal has always been rather irreverent

Disney is a bigger legacy brand that is deeply intertwined with culture on a personal level with many people

At this point Disney is in a very weird spot, I think Chapek (for all the things people blame him for) was trying to push the company into a more neutral direction

But he doesn't really have the spine to commit

We could expand, but judging on your two posts, I think you see what is happening

A water tower with an effing tiara...wtf are they thinking of next.
There are some interesting and historic water towers in Louisiana...but I'm not sure if it's unique to that state as we have them in Florida (and every other state I feel like)

Apparently it ties in with the storyline...I guess

Last edited:
Dig a Little Deeper does make sense, too, right before you plummet.

Going Down the Bayou would be another great option if not Friends on the Other Side.

I think we all prefer a retelling of the film considering its ripe for so much dark ride greatness.

Instead.. we're getting this. Also, note how different it is from the concepts when it was first announced.

splash_mountain_tiana_princess_and_the_frog.jpg

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Then why are Disney and Universal acting like it is, for real both companies feel like they are run by mom groups
Would it be better to you if they offended more people? Not sure what your complaint is. There are MANY things from the past that were perfectly acceptable that are no longer acceptable. Progress tends to be a good thing...

scared that something is going to offend...someone
If someone finds something offensive and can be corrected, it should be. The expectation is something like a theme park should feel welcoming to all and not offend. Just because it doesn't offend you doesn't mean it's not offensive.

Reactions: Tyr12 and OrlLover
Would it be better to you if they offended more people? Not sure what your complaint is. There are MANY things from the past that were perfectly acceptable that are no longer acceptable. Progress tends to be a good thing...

If someone finds something offensive and can be corrected, it should be. The expectation is something like a theme park should feel welcoming to all and not offend. Just because it doesn't offend you doesn't mean it's not offensive.
If having a villain in the ride offends people then yes

I don’t mind, he’s literally in shows and parades and one of the best part of the movie

It's nearly impossible to please 100% of the people on an issue. Even the least controversial subjects will have a number of people displeased with the decision.

It's nearly impossible to please 100% of the people on an issue. Even the least controversial subjects will have a number of people displeased with the decision.
Which is my point

just do what makes sense and makes the best attraction and if a few people are upset cool

the park needs less people anyway but honestly most of these people complaining will either give in and go or never had any real interest anyway