Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Which is my point

just do what makes sense and makes the best attraction and if a few people are upset cool

the park needs less people anyway but honestly most of these people complaining will either give in and go or never had any real interest anyway
Yep. Most complainers are usually just squeeky wheels that make a lot of noise, and unfortunately get their way often because they intimidate. Frankly, most people in the general public don't know about,
or give a damn about, the stuff the squeeky wheels bring up. . The bulk of the GP just wants an attraction that's fun and entertaining. Management often overthinks issues.

They wasted about 15 minutes during the presentation saying absolutely nothing and performing 2 songs.

They also seemed to think that they discovered the combination of fog/mist and atmospheric lighting. Guess the people working on this have never been on Pirates and seen the Davy Jones effect, never mind somewhere like HHN.

They wasted about 15 minutes during the presentation saying absolutely nothing and performing 2 songs.

They also seemed to think that they discovered the combination of fog/mist and atmospheric lighting. Guess the people working on this have never been on Pirates and seen the Davy Jones effect, never mind somewhere like HHN.
Or have any experience with fog/mist and sensors? You would think someone would learn the lesson by now or develop a reliable ultrasonic sensor

It's fog imported from New Orleans, you just don't understand

So basically the new ride will be more projections based utilizing copious amounts of mist? I want my money back damnit!
I'm all for this change and I was expecting a lot of projection mapping within this rethemed version of the attraction, but even as someone looking forward to seeing the end product, it's kinda sad that we're over 2 years since they announced the redo and that's all they had to say about the inside of the ride.

I have to say, I was fully expecting them to announce that the ride would be permanently closing in January 2023, which would give three months of farewell time and time where they'd probably sell a ton of merchandise, but we didn't even get a closing timeframe, which tbh, leaves me pretty skeptical on if this ride will even make this arbitrary Late 2024 timeframe that they've put out for reopening.

It took just under 21 months to change Maelstrom to Frozen Ever After, so if that's any indication, they absolutely need to close in January in order to make Late 2024. Remember, a lot of what made the Maelstrom transition to Frozen time so long was what they found once they got inside of the old structure and this is a structure that's going to be over 30 years old, which is actually older than what they were dealing with when it comes to Maelstrom.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
My only hope...which I doubt will happen is response to this ride now is more meh...and so hopefully it allows them to put some more effort/money into this. But I doubt it with the lack of things announced at D23...its going to be a much cheaper USA updates compared to what other parks are getting

My only hope...which I doubt will happen is response to this ride now is more meh...and so hopefully it allows them to put some more effort/money into this. But I doubt it with the lack of things announced at D23...its going to be a much cheaper USA updates compared to what other parks are getting
This isn’t going to be cheap overlay by any stretch of the imagination. Whether the funds are spent wisely in the right areas is another story.

I’m indifferent to this project but I have to say I did prefer the tree with boat in it at the top. To me it looked better but I understand they had to change it due to the story.

This isn’t going to be cheap overlay by any stretch of the imagination. Whether the funds are spent wisely in the right areas is another story.

I’m indifferent to this project but I have to say I did prefer the tree with boat in it at the top. To me it looked better but I understand they had to change it due to the story.
See but who cares about story? Its like how they tried to lock out Manda from Star Wars land.....just do whatever the best is and dam if it can work or not because of story. The new look is soooo plain compared to what we have and what we were promised

Reactions: ghostsarejerks

I feel like the "story" is just an excuse to cut costs on the facade because the mountain looks so gummy and lifeless without an iconic structure perched atop that draws attention to itself.

See but who cares about story? Its like how they tried to lock out Manda from Star Wars land.....just do whatever the best is and dam if it can work or not because of story. The new look is soooo plain compared to what we have and what we were promised
Are we sure this is the final look ?

Like a lot people said they don’t seem to know what end product will look like themselves. The story explanation was very much half baked and incomplete.

I feel like the "story" is just an excuse to cut costs on the facade because the mountain looks so gummy and lifeless without an iconic structure perched atop that draws attention to itself.
With these “mountains” the cost of adding stuff probably ballooned the budget more than Disney was willing to spend. However like I stated above they don’t seem to have definite design either.

Like a lot people said they don’t seem to know what end product will look like themselves. The story explanation was very much half baked and incomplete.
They were almost there. If only they digged a little deeper and looked at what their friends on the other side were doing at Epic Universe before value engineering this attraction.

• Haha

With these “mountains” the cost of adding stuff probably ballooned the budget more than Disney was willing to spend. However like I stated above they don’t seem to have definite design either.
With how incomplete everything felt, I wouldn't be suprised if we got no water tower, no new trees, and just new boats without Brer Rabbit on it

With how incomplete everything felt, I wouldn't be suprised if we got no water tower, no new trees, and just new boats without Brer Rabbit on it
I wouldn't mind if they ditched the trees they're kind of unsightly and take away from the shape of the mountain. You wouldn't plant giant trees around the base of the Matterhorn or Everest blocking their views and I don't think they should here either. Just add the tree to the top of the hill with the boat like the original concept art!

So the story for this attraction actually almost purposefully seems to make it so Facilier can't be in it. The attraction is set AFTER the movie ends and of course Facilier is dead at the end of the movie, so whatever they're doing here can't involve him because of the story they chose to go with.