Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm extremely glad the ride will not just be a recap of the movie... but they're way overthinking it with that storyline. I also think it's clearly being conceived from a modern perspective, rather than how such a business would actually be run or promoted in the late 1920s.

They're also doing nothing to indicate any sort of conflict or excitement that will justify the thrill ride element of the attraction, despite the copious new backstory.

I’m just gonna wait to see what they actually come up with. What they say is the back story and what is actually on the ride often differs greatly.

I do hope if Pecos changes it’s to Tiana’s Place so we can get some New Orleans-y food & drinks in MK.

Reactions: n i c k

I'd have much less hesitation about this ride if they spent more time talking about the actual things in the ride that will make it great versus how authentically it reflects their vacation experience of New Orleans New Orleans. Sure, strive for authenticity, but subconsciously, it feels like they're exclusively talking about the New Orleans aspect to avoid talking about the ride itself.

I wish the top of the Mountain looked....cooler? But besides that at least at night the ride will look nicer. They seem to be adding a lot of lights at night time so I'm happy with that but year...no idea on how the ride will turn out besides looking better at night

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Alicia
Always funny when Disney tries to use forced perspective to make structures appear SMALLER.

Seeing the 3D render with the tower in front like that, it seems like the water tower's intention is to help make the former mountain feel smaller by comparison. The opposite of how it was originally designed, and looking at the video, it works...

But wasn't the point of Splash Mountain to make it look like a big scary drop at the top of a mountain? This feels counter to that now at the expense of realism. Oh well. I do think the minor aesthetic changes are doing a good job of making it feel very different without actually changing much, so they're succeeding at least.

Always funny when Disney tries to use forced perspective to make structures appear SMALLER.

Seeing the 3D render with the tower in front like that, it seems like the water tower's intention is to help make the former mountain feel smaller by comparison. The opposite of how it was originally designed, and looking at the video, it works...

But wasn't the point of Splash Mountain to make it look like a big scary drop at the top of a mountain? This feels counter to that now at the expense of realism. Oh well. I do think the minor aesthetic changes are doing a good job of making it feel very different without actually changing much, so they're succeeding at least.
I know he's retired but its time's like these I wish they could get advice from Imagneers like Tony Baxter who created the Mountain, and tell them these basic design philosophies because your right the tower does make the mountain look smaller which was not the effect they were going for when building it.

I know he's retired but its time's like these I wish they could get advice from Imagneers like Tony Baxter who created the Mountain, and tell them these basic design philosophies because your right the tower does make the mountain look smaller which was not the effect they were going for when building it.
I assume they’re attempting to visually “flatten” the land to make it look like a small mine that could exist realistically in New Orleans. And if so, it’s working.

It may be working, visually, but as you alluded to, it's totally incongruous with a 60-foot plunge thrill ride element.
Also the mountain looks....more generic now. The ride had a great silhouette, I feel like the new one is just going to be a generic hill with the water tower near it

I don't get why they didn't stick with the OG design of the Boat in the tree on top of the mountain

dpbwd019840923572837423840239480.jpg

I would loveeeee someone at Disney try spin this version above at the lesser version then what we are getting

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Freak
Also the mountain looks....more generic now. The ride had a great silhouette, I feel like the new one is just going to be a generic hill with the water tower near it

I don't get why they didn't stick with the OG design of the Boat in the tree on top of the mountain
The expense of that tree alone was probably insane.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
It’s Disney parks

they are suppose to impress over save a few bucks , it’s their most profitable division and this ride is insanely popular
I'm not defending it, I was answering why they didn't stick with the original design. That design looks humongous and with WDI spending it was probably honestly going to cost more for that tree alone then they are spending on this entire retheme.

I'm not defending it, I was answering why they didn't stick with the original design. That design looks humongous and with WDI spending it was probably honestly going to cost more for that tree alone then they are spending on this entire retheme.
It looks like it was to be placed partway up to screen the top out and lessen the look of the drop. They are using a water tower to get the same effect.
Yeah they chose the less expensive route.

Reactions: Alicia

I know it’s most likely too expensive or budget cuts. Is it possible that the structure itself couldn’t support all that added weight?
It’s one thing to draw a boat and a tree on top of a point of a structure that was never intended to hold weight. It’s something completely else to do it. Typhoon Lagoon’s mountain was built to have the boat up there… this was not.

I’d call it more of a budget impracticality instead of a budget cut.

Reactions: GA-MBIT