Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Late 2024)

It’s one thing to draw a boat and a tree on top of a point of a structure that was never intended to hold weight. It’s something completely else to do it. Typhoon Lagoon’s mountain was built to have the boat up there… this was not.

I’d call it more of a budget impracticality instead of a budget cut.
With 3D printing, there has to be a way to make the boat not weight too much

Its for sure as other pointed out a budget thing and its really sad they are willing to waste basically half a billion on Lightyear and Strange worlds but no no can't spend top dollars in the theme parks the one place they contuiue to make buckets of money and on an attraction that should be around for another 30+ years....great place to be cheap

With 3D printing, there has to be a way to make the boat not weight too much

Its for sure as other pointed out a budget thing and its really sad they are willing to waste basically half a billion on Lightyear and Strange worlds but no no can't spend top dollars in the theme parks the one place they contuiue to make buckets of money and on an attraction that should be around for another 30+ years....great place to be cheap
I think you answered your own question with "the one place they contuiue to make buckets of money"

I think you answered your own question with "the one place they contuiue to make buckets of money"
lol

So you spend less at the place you are making profits....genius.

I just hope the next CEO see's the value in keeping the Disney Parks as amazing as they can vs doing the care minimum

lol

So you spend less at the place you are making profits....genius.

I just hope the next CEO see's the value in keeping the Disney Parks as amazing as they can vs doing the care minimum
Yeah, hard to beat record profits so effort and resources are better directed at underperforming divisions where you can get more bang for the buck. The quarterly report is looming so you look to where you can make big increases to please the conference call

I'll honestly miss the stump. That's the most iconic part of the whole mountain design.

Maybe the idea is to make it less scary looking so more little girls (the target demo for a princess ride) will wanna go? Hence why we also probably aren't getting the Shadow Man drop concept. It'll probably end up being Dig a Little Deeper instead.

I'll honestly miss the stump. That's the most iconic part of the whole mountain design.

Maybe the idea is to make it less scary looking so more little girls (the target demo for a princess ride) will wanna go? Hence why we also probably aren't getting the Shadow Man drop concept. It'll probably end up being Dig a Little Deeper instead.
The dead tree and thorns were supposed to be a bit foreboding, it's a bit of foreshadowing to the creepy ascent to the drop we will experience later. It also functions as a weenie.

Definitely not appropriate for Tiana....Some would argue a major drop isn't either, but I'm honestly tired of talking about Splash Mountain at this point lol

Dozens. Plural.

That's very good news.
Arrested Development Tobias GIF

I'm surprised how many of the human characters are being added. Big Daddy i never thought would be in this along with the Princes Family

Reminds me of the faults of Galaxy Edge and Avengers Campus
No one cares about timelines, just make the best attraction you can
No one cares going to places not seen in the movies; who cares about Batuu? Should’ve been Coruscant or Tattoine.
‘’Wanna go to the Avengers headquarters? Nahhh better off at generic buildings avenue’’
What’s the point of using an IP if you’re not using the most iconic places of said properties?

It’s like instead of Hogwarts, Universal built the Nigerian School of magic…

Hopefully Tiana embraces the New Orleans aspect and gives us a lot of Mama Odie.

It's Disney learning the wrong lessons from losing the Potter land. There are no die-hard PatF fans that would have their "immersion" shaken by seeing the main antagonist of the film return. Immersion is a big part of why the Potter lands are successful, but even they know that no one is gonna worry to much if they see Dumbledore in a crowd shot. "Hey, it's my favorite character!" trumps "Wait, why is he here in this part of the timeline?" the vast majority of the time. AKA give us Darth Vader Meet n Greet's again.