TLC's "The Making of Jurassic Park: The Ride" | Inside Universal Forums

TLC's "The Making of Jurassic Park: The Ride"

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cool find!

It's amazing to think how far computer technology has progressed over the past ten years or so. Imagine what they could build or refurbish if they completely revitalized the entire ride with today's technology.

Oh my gosh that was an AMAZING find!!! What a great behind the scenes look! So many things I've never seen before! Made me want to go on the ride so bad.

But then I realized in what deplorable condition it is...and I got depressed. Haha

I mean, seriously. They made a phenomenal ride back in '96. No wonder it was such a hit! Look how phenomenal it looked back then!!!

The lighting effects, smoke effects, sparks, animated effects (look at the car drop!), all working at such a crazy capacity that we don't have today.

And those animatronics....oh my gosh. Look how fluid and fast and life like they were back then! They really WERE almost as good as everything from the movie! The range of motion and realism was incredible...

Now, the ride is everything that Spielberg DIDN'T want it to look like. The animatronics are exactly what Spielberg DIDN'T want to see when he thought of using animatronics...I mean, the ride truly felt like an adventure back then!

What do we have to do to get the ride looking like it was in its first few years? Especially those animatronics?

I'll gladly settle for not getting any new effects or extra figures if it just ment that we'd get the ride fully restored to be as it was before....

This ride was Spielberg's baby. I wonder when was the last time he went on it...

Reactions: steve
No wonder I thought the ride was more amazing as a kid. I thought maybe it was just my perception of being young at the time. NOPE! It really was more amazing back then! This video really proves it! I mean, did you see how much that fence sparked?! How fast the car fell? How real the dinosaurs looked and moved?! This is incredible! And all of that artwork! And EVERYTHING! AMAZING!

Reactions: Allen The Actor
That brings up something I've noticed - the fence doesn't spark anymore!! I remember it used to spark a little each time we passed it, and it made a loud buzzing sound each time. I thought it added to the chaotic atmosphere as your boat rounded the corner to witness the falling car, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. I first noticed that last December.

I am impressed. I mean who knew this vid existed. The ride is amazing, but back then it was trully the best ride in the world. Please Universal, restore it to its former glory. Watch how fast the car dropped, how fluid the autoerotica (haha, if you are a fan you'll know) were. It was impressive.