Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters

Vyrus

The man with the master plan
Premium Member
Feb 11, 2010
Miami, FL
Based on the vote this was the most popular one when it came to which one was realistic, so we shall begin our quest to have the Murder She Wrote buidling, officially named Soundstage 44 brought not only up to code, but to also be turned into an attraction of some sort.

My desire for a year round haunt called Museum of Horrors in this location has not been mild. I think with UO history with HHN and STELLAR work on the houses. They could make one huge ULTIMATE overly themed haunted house based on all of the classic monsters. PLUS, they can make the exit shop tied in directly to the already existing Monsters Cafe as well and they have a perfect tie in for a new attraction with an existing restaurant.

UO this is my formal request to refurbish Soundstage 44 into a new attraction as you see fit that belongs in this space. We no longer enjoy the ghost town like feel that this building has and we the public would enjoy something new in this space.

Let the petition BEGIN!

(I will be starting a facebook page later on today as well)

I was thinking more along the lines of an actual HHN house, which is a walkthrough attraction with scenes and scareactors and everything.

USF lacks a TRUE walkthrough attraction that IOA does have with If I Ran a Zoo, Poseidons, Trike, and Hogwarts Tour.

I was thinking more along the lines of an actual HHN house, which is a walkthrough attraction with scenes and scareactors and everything.

USF lacks a TRUE walkthrough attraction that IOA does have with If I Ran a Zoo, Poseidons, Trike, and Hogwarts Tour.

Kinda like a HN: The Hollowed Past but with more sets than the orignial house?

Anyway, I like this new thread & hope it becomes a hit. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Yes and No, but closer to Horrors in Wax from HHN 14 and based around the classic Universal monsters.

So more or less a House of Horrors in USF, right?

Exactly, this was an idea I had at one point with the a description of what I thought would be GREAT.

Park: Universal Orlando
Attraction Type: Walkthough
Attraction Name: Universal's Museum of Horrors

Description:
8 Scenes through classic and modern Universal horror films.

Scene 1: Walking into a castle, with lightning striking in the background, both fresh and dry blood on the walls and floor. A woman lays on a bed drained with bite marks on her neck and her blood all over the sheets, Dracula is still hungry.
Scene 2: Passing through an archway into another section of castle with electrical wires all over your head and an empty metal bed to the right with burn marks. The smell of burnt flesh fills the air as Frankenstein tries to get to you.
Scene 3: You walk out into a misty forest and the howl of a wolf comes from all sides and The Wolfman is trying to tear you to pieces.
Scene 4: Enter through a side door of a building and an eeary organ music is playing, you're suddenly on the catwalk of an old french opera house and don't forget to keep your hand at the level of your eyes because the Phantom will get you.
Scene 5: You're suddenly walking into a hidden room above the opera house and a simple piano tune fills the air, the wall is full of dolls with one rotting corpse doll in the center, but don't scream or Mary Shaw will get you.
Scene 6: You walk out a door and you're in a black lagoon, you look into the water and you see something moving..don't stop the Creature will eat you alive
Scene 7: Entering a hallway...torches on the walls lighting your way into an underground tomb, and the smell of death fills the air, don't look back because the Mummy will kill you.
Scene 8: You enter a wax musuem, and all the old Universal Monsters are standing in their old glory, still as stone....or are they?

I'm sorry, but I don't see a year-round HHN type thing being successful. It would be cool for people who like horror, but too many people would just rather do the scary stuff in October. They have a bunch of Universal horror movie props in the lobby of the Horror Make-Up show anyway.

I would love pretty much any type of show to go in here. Maybe something having to do with pre or post production.

Maybe for a short period people would see it because its new, but in the long run it wouldn't be popular, thats the exact same attraction they had there before that was shut down because no one was watching it.

I'm sorry, but I don't see a year-round HHN type thing being successful. It would be cool for people who like horror, but too many people would just rather do the scary stuff in October. They have a bunch of Universal horror movie props in the lobby of the Horror Make-Up show anyway.

I would love pretty much any type of show to go in here. Maybe something having to do with pre or post production.

Agreed. To be honest, Hollywood's year round haunt seems like something I would ending up skipping after one walkthrough. A nice movie production themed show would be excellent, especially with the location already being known for those exact attractions.

My only vote against the movie production thing going in there would be the fact that there already were 2 very entertaining shows like in this building before and both were shutdown due to low attendance. They have to go with some sort of attraction that could continuously keep people coming in and out and I think the Museum of Horrors would be perfect. Not to mention the USF is MUCH more regarded with the quality of its haunted houses than USH ever has. Which is why if they were to do this, I know they would do it right, and possibly change scenes to keep it fresh.

My only vote against the movie production thing going in there would be the fact that there already were 2 very entertaining shows like in this building before and both were shutdown due to low attendance.

With that I say, "Murder, She Wrote" and "Xena & Hercules" weren't exactly blockbusters.

While I agree that Soundstage 44 NEEDS to be brought up to code, I agree with Manta that it just wouldn't be successful. I think most people wouldn't really like the idea of these HHN-esque attractions outside of October. Maybe once it would be fun, but I'm not sure people would want to do it a 2nd time.

While I agree that Soundstage 44 NEEDS to be brought up to code, I agree with Manta that it just wouldn't be successful. I think most people wouldn't really like the idea of these HHN-esque attractions outside of October. Maybe once it would be fun, but I'm not sure people would want to do it a 2nd time.

Thats the way I feel about Lucy, might go in there just for the A/C.
I think a wax museum would be neat, maybe start off with all black and white (shades of grey) slowly turning to color throught the exhibit. Could also be a photo op area.

My only vote against the movie production thing going in there would be the fact that there already were 2 very entertaining shows like in this building before and both were shutdown due to low attendance. They have to go with some sort of attraction that could continuously keep people coming in and out and I think the Museum of Horrors would be perfect. Not to mention the USF is MUCH more regarded with the quality of its haunted houses than USH ever has. Which is why if they were to do this, I know they would do it right, and possibly change scenes to keep it fresh.

Thats the way I feel about Lucy, might go in there just for the A/C.
I think a wax museum would be neat, maybe start off with all black and white (shades of grey) slowly turning to color throught the exhibit. Could also be a photo op area.

So a general walk threw to sum things up...I like it but I think maybe it needs a little twist to it like something that gets all the people really into the attraction.

Last edited:
If they are going to do Avatar, I would imagine they would do something more grandiose than that small space.

Well they can rase the roof, since that is what will need to be replaced first, & maybe make the attraction taller to put more into it. Examples (if they do something like Avatar): Tall weird trees & plants, wired winged creatures, a big movie screen or a lot of monitors, & so on.

Way I see it, they need to make it where the "magic" of movie editing comes OUT of the screen & your transported into the world of Avatar for the last 10 to 15 minutes of the 30 minute attraction using Kong 3-D projection with theming around the screen (& you) that pops out after the lights in the theater are out & the movie Avatar is playing on the screen.

Last edited: