Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Trip Planning help

Feb 2, 2013
Arizona.
Normally, I usally don't ask for things but I need some help. I am planning on going to Universal Hollywood in Late June for my birthday and I'm wondering what can I do to prepare myself. One reason is that most of the group has never been to the park and I will need some help on that so I have a series of questions;

- Should Fast and Furious Supercharged be fully open by then?

- Recommendations for a group full of mostly first timers for Universal?

- What should the Crowd levels be like on the week of June 22/ June 28th?

- Any food recommendations? I am going to try to get them to one of the Springfield eateries but in-case if its crowded, what else in the park should we go to for food?

- Will we be able to get most of the stuff done in one day? I am hoping we don't leave early and stay for later in the day.

The trip is kind of important for me and I hope it can be done very well.

F&F should at least be in softs at that time, if not fully open.

If you're bringing a group, first-timers or not, be prepared for anything. I brought a group of friends to the park two years ago with lackluster planning, and we ended up going on one ride and leaving early.

Crowd levels will likely be high, especially since you're going right when the summer crowds hit.

If the Springfield eateries are completely packed for whatever reason, your best bet would probably be to eat somewhere in CityWalk (I've done this before with groups, and it's worked out fine).

If you really want to get everything done in one day, it's important that you stay longer than you normally would. The park's hours are a bit longer on the 22nd and 28th, so you shouldn't have a problem with this.

Good advice William...

-F&F is expected to be open by June...when is June remains to be seen.

-Groups are always tough to manage because they always feel they are walking into Disneyland and can do attractions ad hoc.  This is simply not the case with USH.  Plan your day, offer suggestions and always be early for Waterworld.  A great way to eat lunch is always to plan lunch before Waterworld, that way you can watch the clock and make sure you are done with your food before needing to get in line.  It creates a nice break in your day.

-Expect crowds to be high in June, especially after graduation and Father's Day weekend.  Expect 60-80 minute waits for Transformers and Despicable Me.

-Having not been inside our Springfield yet, this may be a tough call.  Avoid Mels' Diner for long lines and Hollywood Grill because its just gross.  I highly suggest the quick food options of Theater Cafe and French Bistro.  Gru's Cafe isn't too bad, just eat your food inside Parisian Courtyard.  Never exit the park on a busy day to eat at Citywalk.  If you plan to do the complete experience with dinner in Citywalk at the end of the night, make sure you have reservations or someone gets your name in line ahead of time.  Open Table is good for Buca Di Beppo and Saddle Ranch.

-If you want to get the most done, then arrive 30 minutes before park opening and get the Studio Tour done first!  There is nothing worse than waiting for the tour for up to an hour later in your day and then spending an hour on the tour.  Tell your group this is how Universal works!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for the responses. Sadly; we are delaying the Trip to a unspecified date. Its either possibly going to be October or March of next year but when we figure it out, I'll come back.

If your trip was postponed I'd say that would be a good thing. most of the construction is done for the most part, however there's still some that remain both inside and outside the park. Plus all the "Epic Transformation" that's being done at Universal should be done by the time of your trip.

Yea, if we do March; we'd be going during the week where its supposed to open on that weekend so...no matter what; if I do HHN that's a screwed situation and then Potter is already a screwed situation due to crowds.