Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Trip to DLR During Spring Break?

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Me and my Mother are heading to DLR for 3 Days on our Spring Break; I have some questions to you guys as we want to try some things as our last Vacation was on Thanksgiving 2011.

1.) Any good food places to snack at DLR? We're not going to eat Dinner in the parks but I've been wondering what we can get, I've heard of the Bangar café in Adventureland and that's going to be my first time trying it but any other places of food that we can go quick that's good?

2.) Will we need Fast Passes? We're buying the 3 Day Park hopper which will give us Early morning entry into DL and DCA but any rides that we should be worried about later in the day for the parks?

Besides that it can really help us as i'd be worried about How Crowds are going to affect the days, We plan on hitting World Of Color, RSR, and for me Toy Story due to we haven't been in the finished DCA Expansions and only got a hint of it on my thanksgiving trip. Thank you and I can't wait to go to it! :ears:

Me and my Mother are heading to DLR for 3 Days on our Spring Break; I have some questions to you guys as we want to try some things as our last Vacation was on Thanksgiving 2011.

Awesome, you're going to have a blast.

1.) Any good food places to snack at DLR? We're not going to eat Dinner in the parks but I've been wondering what we can get, I've heard of the Bangar café in Adventureland and that's going to be my first time trying it but any other places of food that we can go quick that's good?[quote/]

Bengal BBQ is good in Adventureland, but I wasn't impressed with the quality/quantity/price last trip. There is the famous corn dogs available on Main Street, Hungry Bear has a cult following, and there's great options in NOS. I would avoid all food east of Fantasyland.

At DCA, I swear by Pacific Warf options, and loads of people praise the Boardwalk Pizza place. And of course, I can't go to DCA without getting a martini and sliders from Carthay Circle!

2.) Will we need Fast Passes? We're buying the 3 Day Park hopper which will give us Early morning entry into DL and DCA but any rides that we should be worried about later in the day for the parks?

Do you wish to ride together or separate? RSR requires a FP or single rider line, and I like the single rider option as you can skip the FP line. I've always gotten FP Indy, Space, BTMR, and the Subs. At DCA only FP is required for RSR and TSMM (but TSMM has a much shorter line than at DHS).

Besides that it can really help us as i'd be worried about How Crowds are going to affect the days, We plan on hitting World Of Color, RSR, and for me Toy Story due to we haven't been in the finished DCA Expansions and only got a hint of it on my thanksgiving trip. Thank you and I can't wait to go to it! :ears:

I'd pick up a subscription to Touringplans.com for DLR. Gives you crowd calendars, touring plans, accurate wait times, and more. I swear by it whenever i'm at DLR/WDW/UOR.

Make sure to get a FP for WOC early. Aim for the middle section, it's the best.

Awesome, you're going to have a blast.

1.) Any good food places to snack at DLR? We're not going to eat Dinner in the parks but I've been wondering what we can get, I've heard of the Bangar café in Adventureland and that's going to be my first time trying it but any other places of food that we can go quick that's good?[quote/]

Bengal BBQ is good in Adventureland, but I wasn't impressed with the quality/quantity/price last trip. There is the famous corn dogs available on Main Street, Hungry Bear has a cult following, and there's great options in NOS. I would avoid all food east of Fantasyland.

At DCA, I swear by Pacific Warf options, and loads of people praise the Boardwalk Pizza place. And of course, I can't go to DCA without getting a martini and sliders from Carthay Circle!

Do you wish to ride together or separate? RSR requires a FP or single rider line, and I like the single rider option as you can skip the FP line. I've always gotten FP Indy, Space, BTMR, and the Subs. At DCA only FP is required for RSR and TSMM (but TSMM has a much shorter line than at DHS).

I'd pick up a subscription to Touringplans.com for DLR. Gives you crowd calendars, touring plans, accurate wait times, and more. I swear by it whenever i'm at DLR/WDW/UOR.

Make sure to get a FP for WOC early. Aim for the middle section, it's the best.

Thank you, I will look into TouringPlans and I have thought about WOC's FP so it could be really helpful. Just in case, we want to be with eachother for the experience as its our first time on seeing the finished DCA expansion. I can't drink unfortunately but the sliders don't seem as a bad idea. Thanks! :smiley:

Btw, here is the time-frame that we are going to do the trip for the week;

March 15- 19th... I swear the 3 days at Disneyland could either be bliss due to possible rain; or it will be absolute hell due to Spring

Break.. I might have this to help protect myself :saw:

We went on first weekend of Spring Break this year. The Sunday at DLR was quiet, Monday was very busy, but not like WDW. Bur Tuesday at USH was quiet. You'll have a good trip either way, we didn't go with any expectations of getting 100% of the attractions done. We just enjoyed the slower pace that they enjoy in Cali - Alot more AP holders, alot less tourists!

Dude I'm going on spring break too!!! Maybe we could meet up? It's all new for me so your comments above help me too, thanks guys. Also not to be a kiss ass but I'm definitely buying kubersky's unoffical guide before I go to help me along the way

1.) Any good food places to snack at DLR? We're not going to eat Dinner in the parks but I've been wondering what we can get, I've heard of the Bangar café in Adventureland and that's going to be my first time trying it but any other places of food that we can go quick that's good?

Be aware that you only get early entry on ONE of the three days you are going with the three day ticket. Also, do you have park hopping?

I know everyone is different but my gameplan for DL (assuming no early entry) is as follows from park opening: fastpass Indy, ride Splash Mountain, ride Winnie the Pooh (if you want to), ride Haunted Mansion, ride POTC, return to Indy for your ride, ride BTMRR, and then head into Fantasyland.

If you decide to use your early entry on DL, you are best off cleaning up Fantasyland first and then heading over to Tomorrowland. Nemo should be hit early as the capacity SUCKS.

In DCA hit RSR first if you choose early entry for DCA or fastpass it if you choose regular entry. If you are in Carsland, you may as well get Luigi's and Mater's done early too (Mater can post a line and Luigi's is hit or miss). After that, TSMM and whatever else you want.

Also, as far as food goes I second everything testtrack321 says.

^We're going to do 3 day park hopper and possibly off-site; that's what we're not sure but that's not for me to decide so we'll see.

^^That I think deserves a thread...

^We're going to do 3 day park hopper and possibly off-site; that's what we're not sure but that's not for me to decide so we'll see.

^^That I think deserves a thread...

We stayed offsite, between USH and DLR in Downey, cheap and cheerful!