TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would love to see an RMC Jr. Woodie Hybrid.

And regarding Tron. It will be at the higher end of the thrill spectrum for the Disney Demo. It will be amazingly popular.
RMC's take on a Mine Train would be intersting...and a fun quasi throwback to the Arrow days

I would love to see an RMC Jr. Woodie Hybrid.

And regarding Tron. It will be at the higher end of the thrill spectrum for the Disney Demo. It will be amazingly popular.
Yup. It'll be an option that even teens who may be starting to feel like a lot of what Disney is offering is too "kiddie" for them will be able to enjoy, but it's also not too intense that younger kids can't ride it, especially since MK has a lot of stepping stone coasters to build up the bravery for someone who may initially be a bit scared to try Tron.

I feel like if Disney ever built the Excavator, it would be from Gravity Group or GCI (who also revealed their own metal I-box track last year).

I just don't see RMC being interested in a project they can't go all out with
I bet Disney could entice them if it was a long coaster. Like, 3 lift hills. And lots of theming.

I feel like if Disney ever built the Excavator, it would be from Gravity Group or GCI (who also revealed their own metal I-box track last year).

I think if it is good for Disney, it will be very good for RMC.

Although, I just can't ever see Disney and RMC being a partnership which is a shame because their track, especially the steel ones would be great in an overly themed environment.

I think if it is good for Disney, it will be very good for RMC.

Although, I just can't ever see Disney and RMC being a partnership which is a shame because their track, especially the steel ones would be great in an overly themed environment.
I feel like a larger problem is that Disney either feels the need to thematically justify a track, otherwise it goes in a big box. That might limit what RMC is able to do with an outdoor coaster. I think Disney needs to do what Universal does and accept that in a theme park the audience can suspend their disbelief with visual track in the same way that theater audiences suspend their disbelief with visible lighting rigs, nondiegetic music etc. Roller coaster track is just a part of the deal and if you can't hide it, why not go all-out with what it can do.

I feel like a larger problem is that Disney either feels the need to thematically justify a track, otherwise it goes in a big box. That might limit what RMC is able to do with an outdoor coaster. I think Disney needs to do what Universal does and accept that in a theme park the audience can suspend their disbelief with visual track in the same way that theater audiences suspend their disbelief with visible lighting rigs, nondiegetic music etc. Roller coaster track is just a part of the deal and if you can't hide it, why not go all-out with what it can do.

RMC does have a few advantages with their steel track. It does seem to be considerably stronger because of it's shape resulting in less supports needed.

As a barebones track, I've found RMC coasters to be silky smooth and would be just as perfectly suited to a less intense track layout.

Personally, a Space Mountain overlay with RMC raptor track would be a dream.

RMC does have a few advantages with their steel track. It does seem to be considerably stronger because of it's shape resulting in less supports needed.

As a barebones track, I've found RMC coasters to be silky smooth and would be just as perfectly suited to a less intense track layout.

Personally, a Space Mountain overlay with RMC raptor track would be a dream.
With Space Mtn. having 2 sides, they could have a loops/no loops option.

They've done several smaller projects like the Georgia Cyclone and the Hurler at PKD conversions. They will create whatever a park wants, but most parks opting to build an RMC want balls to the wall thrills. I'm sure they could just as easily build a non inverting coaster or something with toned down elements if that's what their client wants, but so far their projects have been thrill-centric parks who want thrills above theme. Any coaster maker will build whatever you want to pay for if the price is right.

They've done several smaller projects like the Georgia Cyclone and the Hurler at PKD conversions. They will create whatever a park wants, but most parks opting to build an RMC want balls to the wall thrills. I'm sure they could just as easily build a non inverting coaster or something with toned down elements if that's what their client wants, but so far their projects have been thrill-centric parks who want thrills above theme. Any coaster maker will build whatever you want to pay for if the price is right.

Georgia Cyclone and Twisted Timbers are still like 50x more intense than anything in any Disney Park anywhere in the world.

A lot of coaster manufacturers *don't* want to work outside of what they do. It's why Universal and Disney stick with Intamin and Vekoma respectively. Because each will tailor a ride exactly how the creatives/theming dictates.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Both Intamin and Vekoma build anything from kiddie coaster to record breaking thrill ride. There's no reason why RMC couldn't do the same. The materials and design process are the same, it's just the size and scope that varies.

Both Intamin and Vekoma build anything from kiddie coaster to record breaking thrill ride. There's no reason why RMC couldn't do the same. The materials and design process are the same, it's just the size and scope that varies.

I'm not saying RMC can't. I'm saying there's a very good chance they wouldn't want to.

I'm not saying RMC can't. I'm saying there's a very good chance they wouldn't want to.
They wouldn't want to until they see the money Disney would be willing to pay them for the type of project that it is. It would be the easiest money they've ever made.

Reactions: Jones14
I just feel like they kind of already are with the Raptor coasters. Tamed down experience-- could just as easily be built with no inversions for a more family friendly ride.

They wouldn't want to until they see the money Disney would be willing to pay them for the type of project that it is. It would be the easiest money they've ever made.

I‘m not so sure. I think Disney would be a pain to work with compared to their usual way of doing things.

Would a raptor track have a tighter turning radius than say the Arrow track already in Space Mountain?

I‘m not so sure. I think Disney would be a pain to work with compared to their usual way of doing things.

Would a raptor track have a tighter turning radius than say the Arrow track already in Space Mountain?
I mean, idk.

The amount of armchair Imagineering going on right now is just sort of at crazy levels though if we’re talking about anything close to this going to Space Mountain. Let’s at least be realistic :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Scott W.