TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, idk.

The amount of armchair Imagineering going on right now is just sort of at crazy levels though if we’re talking about anything close to this going to Space Mountain. Let’s at least be realistic :lol:

I’m more surprised at a mod allowing us to continue such shenanigans in the Tron thread.

Reactions: SkiBum
I’m more surprised at a mod allowing us to continue such shenanigans in the Tron thread.
I figured Space is close enough to Tron, as there is a conversation to be had about a possible SM refurb after Tron opens.

However, we really should stick to the topic at hand as much as possible.

Am I the only one who think that Tron and Space Mountain clash in a very bad way.
Nope, not just you-- Tron will look better when the canopy is in place and from inside the park it may not look horrible, but outside the park the Tron show building destroys the forced perspective of Space Mountain, making it look smaller. In the past it had the illusion of being taller and larger than it is, making the attraction look more imposing. This gave it perspective to make it look like the kiddie coaster it really is, but destroying the illusion Imagineers worked so hard to create.

Reactions: Grabnar and tielo
Nope, not just you-- Tron will look better when the canopy is in place and from inside the park it may not look horrible, but outside the park the Tron show building destroys the forced perspective of Space Mountain, making it look smaller. In the past it had the illusion of being taller and larger than it is, making the attraction look more imposing. This gave it perspective to make it look like the kiddie coaster it really is, but destroying the illusion Imagineers worked so hard to create.
I've only seen pictures but indeed Space Mountain looks so much smaller now and that is kind of disappointing. I'm also expecting the led lit up canopy will look like a style clash next to the sleek atomic style aesthetic of Tomorrow-land. Also as a property it doesn't fit in the land (as most of the attractions besides the original ones). That wen't probably overboard a long time ago.

Just thinking, since the Shanghai version doesn’t have this luxury: is there a chance any of the actors from the movies would shoot new footage for the preshow/queue?

Just thinking, since the Shanghai version doesn’t have this luxury: is there a chance any of the actors from the movies would shoot new footage for the preshow/queue?
Problem with that is the Tron franchise is moving on from the characters in Tron Legacy and are now going to focus on the Jared Leto-led Tron 3.

This ride doesn’t need the actors though imo. It just needs the aesthetic.

Problem with that is the Tron franchise is moving on from the characters in Tron Legacy and are now going to focus on the Jared Leto-led Tron 3.

This ride doesn’t need the actors though imo. It just needs the aesthetic.
That’s your opinion, and I respect it! I’m just saying I disagree. This is coming from someone whose favorite Disney movie is the first TRON, and who does enjoy seeing a lot of the characters from the movies, since seeing them at all is so rare.

I think it’d be neat if Bruce Boxleitner or Garrett Hedlund came back to shoot some new clips; supposedly, Sam’s disc is what first launches you in the Shanghai version, so maybe something to make that more clear?

That’s your opinion, and I respect it! I’m just saying I disagree. This is coming from someone whose favorite Disney movie is the first TRON, and who does enjoy seeing a lot of the characters from the movies, since seeing them at all is so rare.

I think it’d be neat if Bruce Boxleitner or Garrett Hedlund came back to shoot some new clips; supposedly, Sam’s disc is what first launches you in the Shanghai version, so maybe something to make that more clear?
Shanghai’s queue footage only uses a single actress that is not from the films. I expect our’s to do the same, but with a different actress.