TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A lot of buzz over on WDWMAGIC that construction will halt on this project in Dec. and resume in Oct. 2021. Causing it to be delayed until 2022.

Martin is also saying GotG: CR will be delayed until 2022.

Reactions: Mad Dog
A lot of buzz over on WDWMAGIC that construction will halt on this project in Dec. and resume in Oct. 2021. Causing it to be delayed until 2022.

Martin is also saying GotG: CR will be delayed until 2022.
So, what I read was that only the canopy and building exterior work were being actively worked on and that interior work was paused until December since they were hoping for a better revenue climate. Since they were already behind before COVID struck, this puts them out of the October 2021 target

So, what I read was that only the canopy and building exterior work were being actively worked on and that interior work was paused until December since they were hoping for a better revenue climate. Since they were already behind before COVID struck, this puts them out of the October 2021 target
Blog Mickey is saying that between now and December they are going to get the building water tight. And then shut it down. It would make sense if that includes the canopy. That way they could at least get the train up and running also.

With the 50th coming up, the park needs something. I’m not saying covid will be over by then but it makes sense to have Tron ready.
While not in the MK, they do still have the rat ride to hype.

But the original info comes from a vendor on the project who was told by the general contactor. Then Steve (WDWMAGIC'S Owner, reliable source) confirmed the info. So I'm taking it as mostly true. Of course things can and do change.

Martin's only comment on it was, "Guardians for EPCOTs 40th anyone?"

While not in the MK, they do still have the rat ride to hype.

But the original info comes from a vendor on the project who was told by the general contactor. Then Steve (WDWMAGIC'S Owner, reliable source) confirmed the info. So I'm taking it as mostly true. Of course things can and do change.

Martin's only comment on it was, "Guardians for EPCOTs 40th anyone?"
I actually also read that Remy is in the same shape as TRON. They are finishing the exteriors but all the interior work has been paused since the shutdown and likely won’t restart until the end of the year. They are supposedly much further along than TRON So a 2021 opening is probably in the plan

Reactions: Disneyhead
A 15 month celebration is a given (Oct 21 to end of Dec 22) since DLR’s 60th was 16 months. Whether they try to tack three months on to the beginning is up in the air.

Summer 22 openings would still fall in the “something for the 50th” window and help cover two summers of demand-driving openings between Rat, Tron, Guardians, and to a lesser degree people who haven’t been on MMRR or RotR yet.

Remember, all these things are timed to drive GP vacation bookings as things to put in marketing material. Construction speed is the last thing they think about.

Well, yeah, but I meant in the park that's actually the one turning 50.
So, like DL they are freshening up all the classics (IASW, people mover) and more to come. I’m also thinking a new daytime parade and maybe a new nighttime one? (Paint the night)?? TRON may still be in the cards for 22 so that would be an after holiday/spring offering to keep attendance up