TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Per D23, this ride won't be opening in 2021.

That's not a great decision.
Not surprised. They have Rat and Harmonious for this year. They’re clearly trying to drag out these additions since they essentially lost an entire years worth of international travel (and domestic travel being WAY down).

Don’t forget RotR and MMRR are still essentially brand new to almost everyone who will visit this year.

I should clarify: it's not a great decision... for my trip in November! And since I don't (at this point) envision going in 2022, that's a long time to wait to see this thing.

Reactions: fryoj
I should clarify: it's not a great decision... for my trip in November! And since I don't (at this point) envision going in 2022, that's a long time to wait to see this thing.

Same. We bumped our Christmas 2020 trip to a Christmas 2021. My thought was, well that's a few new rides that I wouldn't have gotten this year. The way it works out, I think the only thing that's going to be open that wouldn't have been originally is Velicoaster.

Flights are still dirt cheap over here and I’m probably going to book a trip for September but with direct flights to Hawaii, I’m tempted to skip WDW for that and just do UOR and Gwazi.
270 on Virgin from what I saw, don't know how far it runs though

If Disney's intention is to divert people away from MK for the 50th, it certainly appears they're going to succeed with this board's membership.
I'm not sure if Ratatouille's really the ride to do that. I have a feeling it might be like Little Mermaid at DCA, a much neede ride that draws attention for a year but eventually receives meager wait times. But the DCA situation is different than the Epcot situation, so perhaps Ratatouille will be more broadly.

I'm not sure if Ratatouille's really the ride to do that. I have a feeling it might be like Little Mermaid at DCA, a much neede ride that draws attention for a year but eventually receives meager wait times. But the DCA situation is different than the Epcot situation, so perhaps Ratatouille will be more broadly.

I didn't necessarily mean that Ratatouille would be pulling any of us away from Magic Kingdom, but rather that the lack of anything new at MK will result in some of us not going to that park until TRON opens.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Glad I’m not planning on going to WDW until 2022

Agreed, while I did enjoy my trip last year, considering how more expensive it is to visit WDW, I don't see a need to return until certain attractions open up. For as much as I've criticized aspects of this project, this is a ride I'll return to WDW/MK for...whenever it opens. (GotG: CR is the main one that'll draw me over since that's truly a brand-new ride.)

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
If Disney's intention is to divert people away from MK for the 50th, it certainly appears they're going to succeed with this board's membership.
I haven't been to MK in years, the last time I was there New Fantasyland had just opened lol

As far as the 50th goes, they were testing fireworks a few weeks ago, so I'm surprised we didn't get a new show announcement

I love Magic Kingdom. It's tied with IOA as my favorite park in Orlando.

I just don't know that I want to battle what will almost certainly be massive crowds in the fall unless there's a new lure. It's not like it's been years since I've visited; it was only last January.

I love Magic Kingdom. It's tied with IOA as my favorite park in Orlando.

I just don't know that I want to battle what will almost certainly be massive crowds in the fall unless there's a new lure. It's not like it's been years since I've visited; it was only last January.
There's appreciating MK for what it is and then there's dealing with MK when you are there

I prefer to admire from a distance

Although, if they keep opening stuff like Tron, I'll go more often

I wonder if Disney will experience a pre-Potter year, in which most people decide to skip out on WDW this year and wait for GOTG/TRON, and go to Universal instead.

I wonder if Disney will experience a pre-Potter year, in which most people decide to skip out on WDW this year and wait for GOTG/TRON, and go to Universal instead.
It’s not like they don’t have a ride opening this year and GotG and Tron are also not Potter.