TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just caught up with this thread to only find out that this ride likely won't open until next year. Seriously?

Look, I get things aren't exactly on the up-and-up lately, but this is a simple indoor coaster with mostly projections, minimal decor, and simplistic architecture. Why is this taking half a decade to build? You already have Guardians opening next year, just open the freaking ride. Talk about penny pinching to meet their latest quartering.

I'm planning my Orlando trip for HHN 30 this Fall and I was hoping to carve out a little extra time to do Tron. Now that it looks like neither Rat or Tron are going to be open when I likely go, I may just stick with DHS and spend the rest of my time at UO. I think this is just a poor business decision here. Lots of people are going to fly in for HHN and they're going to miss out on that HHN money. I know Disney will still do fine regardless, but it's frustrating when you say many layers of corporate bureaucracy pull this kind of crap.

I sort of thought they would at least have the rail road running by now. Anyway, here is another (I think this is the one I meant to post)

View attachment 15183
They have to build something for the choo choo to run through. Another year? Maybe they can get the engine back from Strasburg by then.

eta; I looked at the progress and no way Roger is back by then. Still in pieces

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Drackman
I though I heard something about TRON themed music/lighting in the tunnel, but that was awhile ago that I heard that by now.

Reactions: belloq87
I though I heard something about TRON themed music/lighting in the tunnel, but that was awhile ago that I heard that by now.
The big question here is, did you hear that pre or post Chapek taking over the reins?

Because, let’s face it, that would make a difference as to what might be coming

Driving past it on World Drive the other day I could see they're doing some sort of pull through on the track outside the show building. It was a strange looking "thing" they were using where it looked like just a wheel set from one of the trains but with a small frame on it then the ring for clearance testing around that. Very small and hard to see, but they're working on it. There's also an army of workers on the project again from the looks of things, but no real noticeable progress.

Reactions: belloq87
I think it COULD and SHOULD, but just like the Rat, I think it may sit for a year to spread out the capex since there's nothing new under construction right now and Disney works at a glacial pace. I think it could be late (Christmas) 2022, spring 2023, with Splash as the 2024 "addition" and then something new starting construction soon for 2025 (DAK).

• Sad
Reactions: frank_1991_