TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No inside into but I bet it’s in previews during September and officially open before Columbus Day weekend.
I'd be surprised if they don't try to do another October 1 opening like they did with Rat/Harmonious/Enchantment last year for the *Actual* 50th. Although October 1 this year is Epcot's 40th so celebrating something at another park would be weird. If anything opens at Epcot around then It it would be them surprising us and telling us Play is actually happening and gonna open. They certainly aren't in any rush on Moana.

This tunnel looks pretty cool. It also looks pre-fab'd (although I might be wrong). No real reason that they couldn't have laid tracks and installed this a year ago to get the train running.
They’ve done so much site work over the last year that the tracks would’ve just been in the way. It won’t take them long to lay track when the time comes.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Such an interesting picture from the Speedway showing how the Tron entrance is on the same level as most of the rest of the park, due to the rest of the park having a utilidor below it.

Reactions: belloq87
I don’t know if anyone has thought about this, but how are they going to handle the bag situation for this ride? Usually Disney will let you bring your loose bags on the roller coasters, but this one is interesting. Unlike the other coasters at Disney, they’re designed to be completely open with no place for the bags to go. Are they going to have a locker policy for this ride? For the few that have been to Shanghai, how did they handle that?

I don’t know if anyone has thought about this, but how are they going to handle the bag situation for this ride? Usually Disney will let you bring your loose bags on the roller coasters, but this one is interesting. Unlike the other coasters at Disney, they’re designed to be completely open with no place for the bags to go. Are they going to have a locker policy for this ride? For the few that have been to Shanghai, how did they handle that?

Looking at video of the entire queue and exit experience in Shanghai, it does appear there are lockers outside before entering the queue. But plenty of people seem to be able to enter the queue with bags (full-sized backpacks, even) and deposit them in some kind of holding area right before the load platform. The video I watched didn't cover this area clearly, so it's hard to see exactly what the operation is. And the exit hallways show people again wearing/holding bags of various sizes as they're walking out, so whatever the case, using the lockers outside the attraction does not seem required.

Okay serious thought I had, since this is almost guaranteed to open up with virtual boarding groups. How is anyone actually suppose to guarantee a night ride on this, can you even choose your time for Lightning lane or is it just first available?