Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TRON Lightcycle Run

Concept art...

image.jpg

Looks like this comes with new/widened walkways and a rebuilt portion of the speedway. Not bad.

I got to say I still don't understand building this in a park that's about to explode with people.

So, once this opens, could this lead to a major (and proper) refurbishment of Space Mountain?

Beyond excited for this ride. Love the Tron movies and seeing footage of the ride in Shanghai made me jealous. Love that it's going to be represented in the U.S. parks.

Thrilled to see this happening. But not looking forward to the Magic Kingdom becoming even more of a nut house.

And I don't see how "Minnie Vans" will help MK transportation traffic. So that remains my biggest issue with the resort.

As a huge TRON fan, I am overjoyed. The digital frontier awaits...

tron-lightcycle1.gif

I think that's their main goal, really.
I hope so. Space Mountain needs it bad and this will offer up an E-ticket that can run while it's down, making the loss of the ride less stressful on the park. I love the creative use of expansion space they did here too instead of just lazily plopping it down in the parking lot over by buzz.

Admittedly it will be weird to have two coasters so close to each other at a Disney park though (or even Universal for that matter).

EDIT: Just realized TRON will almost be a 40 year old franchise by the time this opens. Hopefully by then Tron 3/Reboot will finally get off the ground.

Last edited:
My concern with this going where it's going is that the park might become slightly lobsided with all the newer attractions over to one side.