TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Okay serious thought I had, since this is almost guaranteed to open up with virtual boarding groups. How is anyone actually suppose to guarantee a night ride on this, can you even choose your time for Lightning lane or is it just first available?

You'd have to choose an ILL or maybe boarding groups for Evening Hours?

You'd have to choose an ILL or maybe boarding groups for Evening Hours?
I’ve only used genie plus, can you actually pick from options for ILL? Or is it just you get the first available or refresh and pray for a better time? I’m just worried as this coaster is actually made for a night ride in comparison to anything else Disney has built.

I’ve only used genie plus, can you actually pick from options for ILL? Or is it just you get the first available or refresh and pray for a better time? I’m just worried as this coaster is actually made for a night ride in comparison to anything else Disney has built.

You can pick a return time. Plus with virtual line, they'll let you return late. It's an unofficial rule.

Reactions: Alicia
From Bio:

Pathway to Storybook Circus (from MickeyViews):
7eedHBP.png

And from Blog Mickey:

Reactions: belloq87
Not opening until "spring" of 2023.

Ridiculous.

Makes sense, though. So they can keep the streak of having a new ride per year going.

Remember, by the time Nintendo opens stateside it will have been *ALMOST EIGHT YEARS* since it was first announced.

Last edited:
They said spring 2023 (which is ridiculous, it should be opening this year imo), but Spring does tell me more February or March than the date Disney considers the beginning of Summer, which is the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. So if it were to open in February or March, we could conceivably see previews as early as January.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Makes sense, though. So they can keep the streak of having a new ride per year going.

Remember, by the time Nintendo opens stateside it will have been *ALMOST EIGHT YEARS* since it was first announced.
True, but part of the delay was moving it to a brand new park being built from scratch. No such excuse for TRON (Plus, in terms of actual construction, by the time TRON opens that whole new park will be 2 years or less from opening. And even worse, TRON was announced in 2017 - EU in 2019.....

True, but part of the delay was moving it to a brand new park being built from scratch. No such excuse for TRON (Plus, in terms of actual construction, by the time TRON opens that whole new park will be 2 years or less from opening. And even worse, TRON was announced in 2017 - EU in 2019.....
This would be sweet but how about if Epicstruction has sucked all the workers out of the trades and available materials so they can't speed up Tron? I know I have trouble getting rebar around here since the China supply hiccup.
Not a real thing but it would be sweet

TRON did have some hurdles in that it's had the train to work around and moving the retention pond originally, but yeah, this should never have taken this long. It was announced in 2017 for a 2021 open and we thought that was going to be long at the time. It will be almost 6 years between announcement and opening which is unacceptable. I mean, hell, it took 5.5 years for Pandora to open too, but at least you can say that was something original to only DAK using new technology and not a clone of a short launch coaster.

This would be sweet but how about if Epicstruction has sucked all the workers out of the trades and available materials so they can't speed up Tron? I know I have trouble getting rebar around here since the China supply hiccup.
Not a real thing but it would be sweet
The one thing I have heard is that they are having trouble getting the final railings for the walkway up to the entrance due to a supply shortage but that shouldn't be something that can't be figured out to get it open this year if they really cared to try.