TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sort of. Japan is supposedly using the GotG:CW ride system. That won't be what is used here. So Paris like ride system plus the new effects from Japan. And a new exterior lighting package.

A Vekoma? Would Disney really be that bold in changing a moderately thrilling coaster into an extreme thrill (by Disney standards) coaster?

Don't quote me, but I have heard that soonish, Space Mtn. is getting a MAJOR overhaul including entirely different launched ride system, all new effects and music, and exterior enhancements.
Would be nice if it happened, but I just don't have faith. We literally just had a big parks panel where they could've announced something like that and they didn't, so if it's happening, I don't expect it to be until at least 2025 for it to go down because they aren't going to want Splash/Tiana AND Space down at the same time. That would take away too much capacity and put a lot of stress on TRON.

They're going to want to wait until Tiana is finished before they start anything with Space i'd think.

A Vekoma? Would Disney really be that bold in changing a moderately thrilling coaster into an extreme thrill (by Disney standards) coaster?
I didn't mean exactly like Paris. Just that it would be a straight forward launch coaster, not a controlled Spinner like Japan is rumored to get. I could see them using a Mack Family coaster.

Does every new coaster need to be launched these days? It used to be a unique, WOW! element, and now it's on everything.

Anyway, I think the rickety feel of Space Mountain is a huge part of the appeal for me.

Yup. I’m anticipating that it will be a great park, but this is far and away my biggest issue with Epic.

Reactions: belloq87
Some theming installed right before entering the queue on the ramp:
tron-lightcycle-run-entrance-construction-enterprise-3.jpg

The trees and shrubbery are really softening the whole concrete jungle feel. I really like how the pathway is coming together now that landscaping is going in.
Yeah, it helps make it just look nicer as a whole. This area almost feels disconnected from Tomorrowland much the way Ratatouille feels disconnected from the France pavilion. In Rat's case, it's a good thing, but I do wish here that they would've taken the step to make the natural pathway actually lead towards TRON. Hopefully the Speedway gets demolished in the future and they properly connect TRON to Tomorrowland.

That courtyard in front of the ramp does need to be big in order to handle the amount of people that not only will be headed to this attraction, though, because there will be people who will be sitting down waiting for someone else to come off due to not wanting to ride a coaster like this or because their child doesn't/can't.

For people with kids, it certainly helps that Storybook Circus/Fantasyland is right around the corner, though.

Reactions: Doug A.