Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Turning Red (2022)

Definitely digging the look of this one, moreso than Lightyear which I'm still not quite sure what to make of.
From the early 2000's placement, to the more toony/exaggerated movements and expressions, it looks really fun!

I dig it. Honestly, this looks more appealing to me than the last two-three Pixar films.

(Using “It’s Gonna Be Me,” helps a lot.)

(Using “It’s Gonna Be Me,” helps a lot.)

It works with the early 2000's placement, and it also works with playing off Mei's name in a couple ways. Obviously with how "ME" sounds for Mei, but it sounds like they altered "You've might been hurt, babe." since the babe sounded way more like Mei.

Speaking of Boy Band songs of the 00's, I was wondering who did the song at the beginning of the trailer since it sounded straight from the 00's but I couldn't put my finger on it. Turns out, it's one of the 4*Town songs written for the film by Billie Eilish and Finneas O'Connell. Considering what I just said, gotta' say the nailed the sound!

Gotta agree, that was a perfect song choice for the trailer, given pretty much... everything. Set in early 2000's, 4*Town is the hot Boyband in this world, and the main characters name is Mei. Nailed it.

Pixar makes some of it's most unique movies of the past decade, none of which are sequels, most from new creators, and they get put on streaming.

Though maybe they saw that Encanto got a surge of attention following it's Disney+ release and figure this is the new way forward.

Pixar makes some of it's most unique movies of the past decade, none of which are sequels, most from new creators, and they get put on streaming.

Though maybe they saw that Encanto got a surge of attention following it's Disney+ release and figure this is the new way forward.
It’s probably not only Encanto. Ron’s Gone Wrong was virtually ignored in theaters, but gained a second life once it hit Disney+ as well.

I’m worried that original Pixar/WDAS movies simply won’t be allowed to be made anymore or if they are, it’ll be straight to streaming. I don’t expect Lightyear to follow the same path this summer since it’s a Buzz Lightyear origin, but if it’s not an IP, I have a hard time seeing original animated films being allowed theatrically from Disney anymore.

Last edited:
Why does Disney hate Pixar? This is the third film in a row they screwed them on....are they trying to close Pixar? Their literal best studio

I get having it on Disney plus but not in theaters? Why?
I dont get it Theaters are what makes these movies big money and headlines

*Siiiigghh* Yanno', if Disney actually put out a slew of worthwhile content other than Marvel on Disney+, they wouldn't have to shove Pixar films to exclusive streaming in hopes of getting new subscribers.

*Siiiigghh* Yanno', if Disney actually put out a slew of worthwhile content other than Marvel on Disney+, they wouldn't have to shove Pixar films to exclusive streaming in hopes of getting new subscribers.
That would take work, risk and creatively

That would take work, risk and creatively
They are already doing it internationally, and no, it wouldn’t take much work other than what they’re already doing. Disney+ needs to start allowing mature content and stop being a vehicle for only Star Wars and Marvel content.

Combine Hulu and ESPN+ into Disney+ - at least Hulu Originals and ESPN+ originals. The Last Dance and Man in the Arena would be great sports content for D+ along with ESPN’s deep catalog of 30 for 30 documentary’s. Things like Only Murders in the Building, The Great, Dopesick, and The Handmaid’s Tale, etc would vastly diversify Disney+’s scripted offerings.

Also, offering network shows from ABC Signature and 20th Century Television to stream next day on Disney+ would give constant new content that is vastly diverse from The Wonder Years to Family Guy.

And as I’ve said, this isn’t some pipe dream. It already happens internationally. This is what was added to D+ in the UK just this week:
412A17DA-BF44-4795-BEE0-8FB7664CAD50.jpeg

They are already doing it internationally, and no, it wouldn’t take much work other than what they’re already doing. Disney+ needs to start allowing mature content and stop being a vehicle for only Star Wars and Marvel content.

Combine Hulu and ESPN+ into Disney+ - at least Hulu Originals and ESPN+ originals. The Last Dance and Man in the Arena would be great sports content for D+ along with ESPN’s deep catalog of 30 for 30 documentary’s. Things like Only Murders in the Building, The Great, Dopesick, and The Handmaid’s Tale, etc would vastly diversify Disney+’s scripted offerings.

Also, offering network shows from ABC Signature and 20th Century Television to stream next day on Disney+ would give constant new content that is vastly diverse from The Wonder Years to Family Guy.

And as I’ve said, this isn’t some pipe dream. It already happens internationally. This is what was added to D+ in the UK just this week:
View attachment 15743
In the states at least I’ll believe it when I see it but 9/10 shows are reboots or sequels

Most new ideas are like documentary type show
But they haven’t made a house of cards big new idea kinda show for Disney plus yet at least in the states

Even if it failed at the box office, I have a feeling the team at Pixar is really upset that the Disney studios films got theatrical distribution where none of their films during the pandemic have. Similar to the Sony Animation teams which also all have gone straight to streaming service.

If this continues, I have a feeling some major leaders are going to bounce like Pete Doctor..

Even if it failed at the box office, I have a feeling the team at Pixar is really upset that the Disney studios films got theatrical distribution where none of their films during the pandemic have. Similar to the Sony Animation teams which also all have gone straight to streaming service.

If this continues, I have a feeling some major leaders are going to bounce like Pete Doctor..
Encanto released when there was sort of a bit of a lull if you will in cases. This is just terrible timing with Omicron spiking things and it's probably best that it go to D+ anyway. I do imagine the people who worked on the film aren't happy, but the proof is in the pudding that Encanto got much bigger once it was on D+ than in theaters. Few people actually went to see it, but if you put it on streaming, it's much more accessible.