Tutto Italia Refurbishment - Gusto Wine Bar Planned | Inside Universal Forums

Tutto Italia Refurbishment - Gusto Wine Bar Planned

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 16, 2009
30 Rock
As Orlando Theme Park News reports, the popular Tutto Italia Ristorante located in the Italy pavilion has been gutted in preparation of a reworking of the interior design, changes to the menu, and most excitingly, a new wine bar called "Gusto".

dsc00741z.jpg

dsc00737xv.jpg

The news of what is specifically being done to the Italy pavilion location comes from The Disney Food Blog:
Coming Soon! Gusto Wine Bar in Epcot’s Italy!

We have some exciting updates on the renovations taking place in Epcot’s Italy right now! A brand new wine bar is coming to town, and we have some details on what Tutto Italia will be like when it comes out of renovations!

Media2TuttoIrvine-180.JPG

Gusto Wine Bar

Gusto Wine Bar will be unveiled April 28th. This will be a brand new entity created next to the restaurant. The look and feel will be reminiscent of an ancient Italian wine cellar, complete with stone walls and floors and exposed brick arches throughout. The space will feel as though it’s underground, with a dark atmosphere, wooden furniture, and wine barrels supporting the bar counter!

The best part? There will also be a “dining area” with vaulted ceilings, glass wine container, and a large fireplace! (Our guess is that only appetizers and “tapas” will be served here — much like in La Cava del Tequila in Epcot’s Mexico…but that’s just a guess!)

Tutto Italia Refurbishment Updates

As you know, Italy’s Tutto Italia is currently closed for refurbishments. When the restaurant is unveiled again on April 28th, Tutto Italia will retain the original murals, coffered ceiling, and wooden/glass doors it currently has; however, guests will be treated to an entirely new facade for the buildings housing the restaurant!

Media2TuttoIrvine-188.JPG

Dining Room

Additionally, Tutto will sport all-new carpet, furniture, decor, and lighting. Guests will also see a difference in the restaurant’s entrance and outdoor patio!

There’s lots to anticipate over the next few months! Can’t wait to try out that new wine bar!

Every time my friends and I go to Epcot, no one wants to eat in the Italy restaurants since we can normally get Italian food. Hopefully when this opens, coupled with the pizzeria, I could persuade them to at least try it. :sneaky:

In their new photo update from Epcot, Orlando Theme Park News posted a good few pics of the work being done on the Tutto Italia Ristorante.

Work continue on the major refurbishment of the Tutto Italia Ristorante:

2ynh4t0.jpg

We have heard just a few days ago that the facade will receive some major changes too:

kdjyvq.jpg

Behind the walls:

ipcqqr.jpg

ru476f.jpg

o3hc8.jpg

jgqmgn.jpg

e21ch.jpg

23iunvm.jpg

Pissed me off. I was there on Saturday, and I figured out the hard way that Via Napoli is the only restaurant that doesn't accept CM discounts for dinner. The restaurant is NOT Tutto Italia and will never be, although they DID have a pretty good Tiramisu Martini. :thumbs:

Word of advice: Don't eat in the Italy pavilion until Tutto Italia is back open.

I kinda like Via Napoli. I am not surprised that they don't offer CM discounts since it is a private restaurant operator and not run by Disney. That said I wouldn't expect Tutto Italia to offer CM discounts either since it is the same operator at Via Napoli. They are both operated by The Patina Restaurant Group as is CATAL RESTAURANT & UVA BAR, NAPLES RISTORANTE E PIZZERIA,
TORTILLA JO'S in DtD@the DLR.

http://www.patinagroup.com/index.php

I kinda like Via Napoli. I am not surprised that they don't offer CM discounts since it is a private restaurant operator and not run by Disney. That said I wouldn't expect Tutto Italia to offer CM discounts either since it is the same operator at Via Napoli. They are both operated by The Patina Restaurant Group as is CATAL RESTAURANT & UVA BAR, NAPLES RISTORANTE E PIZZERIA,
TORTILLA JO'S in DtD@the DLR.

http://www.patinagroup.com/index.php

They both offer the lunch discount, but not dinner. Via Napoli had decent pizza, but that was about it. The menu is ridiculously limited. I'll wait for Tutto Italia to open back up for Italian food in EPCOT.

From Disney Parks Blog:

Gusto takes over the former lobby space of Tutto Italia and extends back toward Via Napoli. The 96-seat Tutto Gusto will be a more intimate space, with décor inspired by an Italian wine cellar with stone walls and floors, and vaulted ceilings and a fireplace in the dining room. Hours will be 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.

The chefs have created a small-plate menu that takes guests on a fabulous culinary tour of Italy. There are six sections and all sorts of wonderful tastes: Affettati (cured, sliced meats); Formaggi (Italian cheeses); Panini (sandwiches); Piccoli Piatti (small plates); Cavatappi (a type of pasta), and Dolci (sweets).

With more than two dozen small plates with everything from a taste of prosciutto de Parma to creamy burrata cheese and mussels with white wine, we can’t wait for a taste. The pasta dishes all are made with cavatappi, a corkscrew-shaped pasta, and include three versions: tomato and bufala mozzarella; shrimp, chilis, garlic and tomato; and arugula, potato, pancetta, tomatoes and asiago cheese. Classic Italian!

More than 200 Italian wines, including sparkling, reds and whites, and beers such as La Rossa, Moretti and Menabrea will be offered. Grappas – a distilled drink made from what remains of grapes after they have been pressed for winemaking – will be another specialty, or just sip an espresso or cappuccino.

Tutto Gusto is part of the Disney Dining Plan.

tgi019895LARGE.jpg

Theme Park Foodie wrote "Five Reasons to be Excited about Tutto Gusto". Number two is sure to be the most popular reason! :rofl:

5. It’s Disney
This reason is a little weak, we admit, but think about it - how many bad dining experiences have you ever had at Disney World? In all of my visits to the parks, I’ve only had one bad experience. That’s saying something! Disney is renowned for its impeccable quality and attention to detail, and you can bet that Imagineers and the Culinary staff alike are working to make Tutto Gusto an unforgettable experience for Epcot guests.

4. The Small-Plate Menu
While Epcot’s World Showcase seems to offer LIMITLESS culinary opportunities, it can sometimes be a challenge finding just the right spot to eat. Dining in the Showcase is almost a required part of the experience, but sometimes guests are not hungry enough to sit down for a full meal. In that case, their choices are either walk-up restaurants such as Katsura Grill (Japan) or Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe (Norway) OR to make a reservation at one of the nicer restaurants and only have and appetizer and drinks. While the quick service restaurants are nice, their atmospheres are far different from the upscale restaurants. At the same time, guests hoping for lighter fare may feel strange simply ordering an appetizer or two and lingering in one of the nicer dining locations. The small-plate menu offered at Tutto Gusto will be the best of both worlds; the opportunity to dine in a themed dining location while enjoying just the perfect amount of food.

3. The Wine
For many people, Epcot is as close as they are ever going to get to visiting Italy. For those guests, Tutto Gusto will offer what may be the once in a lifetime opportunity to enjoy the vast selection of wines that are so strongly linked to the country’s culture, tradition and history.

2. In the words of @PartyTTParks (Party Through The Parks)…
There is now one more stop to visit during your Drink Around the World challenge!

1. The Food!
Though we only know a few details about the new restaurant’s menu, we absolutely cannot wait to try the food. Small plate offerings include prosciutto de Parma, creamy burrata cheese and mussels with white wine, and cavatappi pasta in three variations: tomato and bufala mozzarella; shrimp, chilis, garlic and tomato; and arugula, potato, pancetta, tomatoes and asiago cheese. The savory names of these dishes alone have us counting the days until we can give them a try!

Full article here: http://themeparkfoodie.tumblr.com/post/20587863981/tuttogustopreview

#5 is pretty much the reason were talking about a Wine Bar in WS rather than a major facelift or new attraction in FW. Its Disney, Its Disney and we have lost our path. Sigh...

They're still in the middle of construction, so I'm sure we'll see it either disappear or become clear as to what purpose it serves. :thumbs:

They're still in the middle of construction, so I'm sure we'll see it either disappear or become clear as to what purpose it serves. :thumbs:

Or... It is intended for a new attraction better than Spider-Man or a big new improvement over the California/Bhutan electrical grid... something important and life changing. I asked the question because that is what I truly think it is. :inquisitive: