Universal AP Questions | Inside Universal Forums

Universal AP Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 18, 2010
Utah
Hey guys. 2 weeks from today we start our nearly 2 week long vacation where we will be in Orlando for 5 days and a Caribbean Cruise for 7. We plan to spend most of our time in Orlando at Universal again and with plans to return next year after the Wizarding World expansion is open we have decided to purchase Annual Passes to Universal. I plan to purchase the Preferred Pass for myself and the Power Pass for my Wife (we won't be going during the blackouts).

So my questions are If I purchase them today the start date won't be until I enter the parks for the first time correct?

If I were to do the Flex Pay option on my Preferred Pass would I be able to switch the monthly payments to a different Credit card then the one I originally purchased the passes with?

Can you pay the Flex Pay balance off early or do you you have to stick to it for the 11 months?

In the off chance we do end up returning to the Parks during the Power Pass blackouts can the pass be upgraded at that time?

We plan to get to the parks probably at about 7pm the day we fly in. I know you have to pay for parking your first time so would the discounted parking after 6pm work for that?

Well I think that about sums up my questions. Thanks for the help guys.

The whole idea of flex pay is so they can keep charging your card not only for 12 months but forever.

We have established that if you have the passes mailed to you and arrive with them at the parking garages, you will not be charged for parking.

^ Mine was, Felipes was and many others said at the time that their's was. I parked free the very first time even though I had money in my hand ready to pay because I thought I would have to.

You can switch cc's anytime, I have about 4times.

You can also pay off the balance.. You will no longer be considered flex pay though, so watch for expiration date.

You can also upgrade fro power pass to another, not sure about downgrading.

Isn't the power pass for fla residents only?

^ Mine was, Felipes was and many others said at the time that their's was. I parked free the very first time even though I had money in my hand ready to pay because I thought I would have to.

Didn't happen to me, then again ours were from AAA, might be different there.

- - - Updated - - -

You can switch cc's anytime, I have about 4times.

You can also pay off the balance.. You will no longer be considered flex pay though, so watch for expiration date.

You can also upgrade fro power pass to another, not sure about downgrading.

Isn't the power pass for fla residents only?

Nope, Uni's power pass is available for everyone, WDW's is just for FL residents.

So your AP activated the second you bought it? Now I'm worried. I bought my pass in June, lost if, and still haven't had a chance to get a new one or even go to the parks. Ugh.

Here's some official info on FlexPay: https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes/Flex-Pay-Details.aspx

If you can pay for the passes in full now, I really recommend that. I actually started on FlexPay way back when I first got my AP, but I eventually switched out of it because, even though you're paying smaller sums each month, you end up paying more per year, especially if you're considering renewing. On a Preferred AP you might pay $200-something now, but once you renew it, then it'll only cost you about $170.

So your AP activated the second you bought it? Now I'm worried. I bought my pass in June, lost if, and still haven't had a chance to get a new one or even go to the parks. Ugh.

I believe Teebin was talking about the parking situation. I didn't have to pay the first time I went, but this was years ago. It seems now, unless you have an actual ticket AP, they will make you pay for parking. But, if you get the AP ticket delivered to you, the first time you go through the parking check-point, they probably will not charge you.

Your AP will not be activated until the first time you scan it at the gate :thumbs: meaning the year period begins first time you go through the turnstiles at one of the parks.

Last edited:
Be aware the blackout next year is June and July for the studios

out of state can get power pass but I thought NO flex pay out of state for power pass

Last edited:
I believe Teebin was talking about the parking situation. I didn't have to pay the first time I went, but this was years ago. It seems now, unless you have an actual ticket AP, they will make you pay for parking. But, if you get the AP ticket delivered to you, the first time you go through the parking check-point, they probably will not charge you.

Right, it appears that if you print out a voucher for your new pass, then you will pay the parking price the first time if when you arrive. Plan ahead and have the actual pass sent to you, and you should be all set for free parking.

I bought my pass in May, lost it, and I STILL have not had a chance to get to the parks and get a new one. I hadn't even used it before I lost it. I'm so paranoid that it expired or something crazy happened... Ugh. I live in Florida too.