Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Coke Freestyle Cups

Jun 7, 2016
I can't find a thread on this, but if there is one that I missed just send me to it. I went to Universal in August and got one of the coke freestyle cups that you can refill for free and add days to it while you're at the park. If I brought that cup with me to my trip next week, could I still pay the $6 to add a day of refills to it or is there something else I have to do?
Thanks!

I can't find a thread on this, but if there is one that I missed just send me to it. I went to Universal in August and got one of the coke freestyle cups that you can refill for free and add days to it while you're at the park. If I brought that cup with me to my trip next week, could I still pay the $6 to add a day of refills to it or is there something else I have to do?
Thanks!

Yeah, everything should be fine.

Thanks!

Sure, they will be happy to take your money and activate the cup.

Okay great. Thanks you two. I thought I had seen something about it having to be consecutive days, but it would make sense for it to just be rechargeable.

Okay great. Thanks you two. I thought I had seen something about it having to be consecutive days, but it would make sense for it to just be rechargeable.

It's just a small chip, no batteries needed. It's similar tech to what's in a contactless credit card.

So glad I caught this thread! Thanks!
I thought you had to buy a new cup each day and couldn't believe how expensive that was!
So, you purchase the cup on day 1 for the high price (was it $20?) and then you can add additional days for $6?

I thought you had to buy a new cup each day and couldn't believe how expensive that was!
So, you purchase the cup on day 1 for the high price (was it $20?) and then you can add additional days for $6?

I'm not sure if that's the current price but yeah, that's pretty much it. If you're not a local, you can bring your cup back with you next week, month, year and it should still work and you only need to pay the $6.

No, the cup is $13, if you get more than one the price goes down. It is not usable at the resorts, they have their own programs

I noticed something this year. Seems they tend to offer 'AP Stuff' around the time we tend to go to HHN. We picked up a couple of AP Freestyle cups, when we recharged them the next time, I think the refill was $1 cheaper than the non AP cup (really thought I saw someone else recharge a normally cup before me at mine was cheaper). I really did not read the benefits, so that price may only be good (or maybe was on good) in SEPT. Anyhow, I just thought it was kind of cool that the discount was possibly programmed into the chip on the cup.

I noticed something this year. Seems they tend to offer 'AP Stuff' around the time we tend to go to HHN. We picked up a couple of AP Freestyle cups, when we recharged them the next time, I think the refill was $1 cheaper than the non AP cup (really thought I saw someone else recharge a normally cup before me at mine was cheaper). I really did not read the benefits, so that price may only be good (or maybe was on good) in SEPT. Anyhow, I just thought it was kind of cool that the discount was possibly programmed into the chip on the cup.
Universal always amazes me that the have AP discounts that matter. They don't give away the store but a huge reason I dropped the mouse was they cut the AP discounts to the point it was more trouble to get one than it saved. The CM's that flat out gave food and drink to frequent flyers like me went much further than any 10% that I had to jump through hoops for ever would.