Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Galactica Park: Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReelJustice

Premium Member
Aug 6, 2008
Universal City
Universal is building an indoor theme park in Moscow.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...iversal-parks-resorts-theme-park-nbcuniversal

Universal Parks & Resorts is planning to build an indoor theme park in Moscow, as part of a massive sports-and-entertainment complex announced Wednesday by a Russian developer.

The 37-acre indoor park would be the first Universal Studios theme park in Europe.

Universal Parks & Resorts, a unit of Comcast Corp.'s NBCUniversal, would also build a Universal Studios-themed indoor water park and CityWalk shopping-and-dining district as part of the broader entertainment complex, which has been dubbed "Galactica Park." The venue will also include two hotel rooms with a combined 1,100 rooms, a convention center and a 20,000-seat arena, among other facilities.

Interesting place to put a theme park :stunned: the Galactica name has me intrigued though, and the fact that it is indoors..imagine the possibilities

Sound very, very cool, but wtf.. "Galactica?" Makes me think of Battlestar Galactica...

And then I go and Google "Universal Galactica" and this comes up :inquisitive:

Universal Galactica closes B-737-900ER finance deal, AIR

BNP Paribas closed the financing of a B-737-900ER for newly formed leasing company Universal Galactica, based in Singapore.

The B-737-900ER (MSN 37277) is the first aircraft to be acquired by Universal Galactica and has been placed on lease with Indonesian carrier Lion Air.
(Source)

ParkRumors just posted an article about the project and even has some concept art from it... the park itself looks pretty small, but it has the usual staple attractions... Mummy, JP, Pantages Theater... but also looks like it has a Seuss area and what might be a Fast and the Furious ride.

Here's the article:
http://parkrumors.com/universal-galactica-park/

Does the racing attraction look like it will use the Test Track/Radiator Springs Racers ride technology to anyone else? If that's the case, does Disney not have a patent that allows their exclusive use or has it expired?

UniRuss.jpg

Looks like there may be a Kong attraction. See the billboard at the front of the park?

Also looks like the concept is that we're walking into a movie via a screen in a cinema.

Last edited:
The Fast and Furious possibility makes me wonder.

The official working title for the project is "Universal Moscow" and they will have a version of Revenge Of The Mummy; the Singapore version to be exact.

I will back up 100% the working title is Universal Moscow :thumbs:

FYI

While I am not allowed to say what attractions are coming, I want to add in a clue for one of the signature attractions.

Clue 1: You will only see this in Moscow
Clue 2: there are several pieces of concept depicting this attraction already on the web.

If Universal Orlando ever builds a third theme park, which seems highly unlikely, a Fast and Furious ride would be there. Also looking at the concept art, it looks like Fast takes up a lot of space.

But what could the theme of a third park be?

But what could the theme of a third park be?

The park itself has changed several times since that concept art was produced. While the F&F will be coming, it won't be like what you see here. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.