Universal Great Britain | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm a bit bored tonight so doing a reread from post 1 in this thread. I've just got through the discussions between @bedfordmassive @tommyhawkins and @yepthatguy about the traffic/rail infrastructure and how it might be worked to give the project a direct feed from the A421. It's nice to see what you guys came up with and then compare it to the master plan that came out last month and none of you twigged on Universal's real plans :p.

• Sad
Reactions: bedfordmassive
Aha interesting. I hope they keep that track open but fear it’ll be closed off if it gets the green light.

It was quite surreal. I was at the top of the southern parcel walking back to the track and saw the vehicles driving across the field in a few different directions together with their head lights on.

Then they drove alongside the hedge all the way up to that point you mentioned. It kind of felt like I’d been spotted. It felt almost like Jurassic Park!

But they were clearly on other business which was excellent for me and everyone else really.

Just to note, there is a small pond in the wooded area near there with a log and rope swing. I’m calling this Universal GB’s first ride. Although it’s currently submerged under a foot of water.

I think Universal GB getting a WaterWorld would be great.

It definitely should have the Jaws ride, since Universal Studios Japan still has it.

I also think it should have that Classic Monsters drive-in ride that was originally planned for Epic Universe, but got scrapped by the COVID pandemic.

I think Universal GB getting a WaterWorld would be great.

It definitely should have the Jaws ride, since Universal Studios Japan still has it.

I also think it should have that Classic Monsters drive-in ride that was originally planned for Epic Universe, but got scrapped by the COVID pandemic.
Any info on this?

While I don't think this will happen, I think it's a great idea. Especially since Japan's version is probably going to close before the end of the decade, I would personally love this. A modern version of Jaws that's more technologically advanced than the original version would be so cool.

It wasn't planned lol. It was a pitch/concept (so basically blue sky) from entertainment designer John Wiersama.

Epic-Universe-Monster-Ride.png

Monster-Drive-In-Ride-Sequences-1.png

While I don't think this will happen, I think it's a great idea. Especially since Japan's version is probably going to close before the end of the decade, I would personally love this. A modern version of Jaws that's more technologically advanced than the original version would be so cool.

It wasn't planned lol. It was a pitch/concept (so basically blue sky) from entertainment designer John Wiersama.

View attachment 21745

View attachment 21746
A pretty unique concept/take on a trackless ride IMO.

I don't know if that drive-In concept would ever gain traction over here. We don't have that connection to drive-ins like America does, it's not nostalgia over here because we've never had drive-ins.

Reactions: Nico
Honestly I hope that ride happens or at least something like it. It would be a perfect addition for USF
Universal also filed an interactive patent for a trackless ride system guided by infrared lighting. In this patent guests interact with the RV to guide it through the attraction. This patent could lend itself well to the drive in ride concept.

I think Digger Watch might become Kawasaki Rally!

View attachment 21744
Love this. It seems to get ever so slightly more real to me every time we see another little snippet of news like this, so thanks for sharing. Slightly geeky question, you mentioned the logo on their hardhats, did the Kawasaki trucks also have a Universal logo on them? It looks like there might be, but tricky to see from this photo. If it did have a Universal logo was it the Universal Destinations and Experiences logo or was it Universal Studios Production Services logo?

Just curious, as if it was the Production Services logo the team on-site had probably borrowed some kit from a nearby Universal division so they can get around the site more easily. But if it's a Destinations and Experiences logo it suggests something rather more permanent than borrowing some stuff from a nearby part of the company.

Reactions: yepthatguy
Love this. It seems to get ever so slightly more real to me every time we see another little snippet of news like this, so thanks for sharing. Slightly geeky question, you mentioned the logo on their hardhats, did the Kawasaki trucks also have a Universal logo on them? It looks like there might be, but tricky to see from this photo. If it did have a Universal logo was it the Universal Destinations and Experiences logo or was it Universal Studios Production Services logo?

Just curious, as if it was the Production Services logo the team on-site had probably borrowed some kit from a nearby Universal division so they can get around the site more easily. But if it's a Destinations and Experiences logo it suggests something rather more permanent than borrowing some stuff from a nearby part of the company.

I’m so sorry I genuinely couldn’t say. It happened quite quickly, and I genuinely didn’t want to be in the way, I’d have loved to have a chat and probably would have noticed more had I done.

I’ve got a couple of very short videos. Happy to post them but they may be a bit big to upload here directly. I’ll see what I can do in a bit.

:)

Reactions: Steeb and rob@rar
@yepthatguy I have just driven along the Ampthill Road from Bedford and saw the buggies that you spotted over the weekend. There were three of them, all loaded with people, going along a track beside the road.
Coming from the retail park it was on the right hand side.
I have attempted a small map but my skills are not great.
The writing on the buggies was pretty small so I was unable to make out what it said. I could not see any logo.

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    617 KB · Views: 13
@yepthatguy I have just driven along the Ampthill Road from Bedford and saw the buggies that you spotted over the weekend. There were three of them, all loaded with people, going along a track beside the road.
Coming from the retail park it was on the right hand side.
I have attempted a small map but my skills are not great.
The writing on the buggies was pretty small so I was unable to make out what it said. I could not see any logo.

Great spot!!

They seem pretty rapid those buggies, that’s at the top of the north parcel in your photo I think.

UGBU is dropping a video at some point today so I'll have it linked as soon as I see it. Maybe he'll have seen those wild and crazy kawasaki's.

Those pictures look great Steeb, you're making me even more impatient lol.

*edit* Watching a new YT video that has a little clip from the consultation and Page Thompson said they have a presentation to make to the government and the public consultation would be included in that. Seems that presentation may have already happened, hopefully news comes out soon.

Last edited: