Universal Great Britain | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I took the 7 years comments and the ellipsis as a hint that the money people have given the nod, that’d be what 2031/32 and I’m sure all information so far has said 2030 with a build of 5/6 years so 7 years seems a bit specific.

But you’ll see what you want to see I guess :lol:

Reactions: xtpower and Della
I took the 7 years comments and the ellipsis as a hint that the money people have given the nod, that’d be what 2031/32 and I’m sure all information so far has said 2030 with a build of 5/6 years so 7 years seems a bit specific.

But you’ll see what you want to see I guess :lol:

Maybe they know the UK far too well, so have added on 2 extra years because 2 train stations need to be built and 2 new slip roads.

Tomfoolery's track record is such that if he says 7 years and insinuates it's got the go ahead and then in my eyes it's going ahead. Sure as rob@rar said, 'unknown unknowns' might still derail it, but I feel very confident to say that at this moment it's going ahead. So clear your calendars for May/June 2031 ;).

Now, we just have to wait til we start getting those sweet sweet Theme Park Stop videos that Alicia does oh so well.

Don’t say that too loud, We’ll be stuck talking about the plausibility of it again for a few pages… Now if we want to discuss the merits of a Dark Ride/ Launch Coaster for Back to the Future I’m here!
Nobody has mentioned this but the reason we won't get potter is because we already have the real thing. All of the important things like Alnwick Castle and so on are real places that already exist so they don't need to build it.

Nobody has mentioned this but the reason we won't get potter is because we already have the real thing. All of the important things like Alnwick Castle and so on are real places that already exist so they don't need to build it.
Nobody has mentioned it because that is absolutely not the reason. By that logic nobody would visit the hugely popular studio tour.

I hope they don't build Potter because personally I can't stand it.
What do you think of the Potter attractions in Orlando? Good enough to overcome your dislike of the IP, or do you avoid the Potter lands entirely?

I have no interest at all in the superhero genre, yet the Spider-Man attraction in IoA is brilliant, and for a long time was my favourite ride anywhere. I wouldn’t know one end of a Nintendo game from the other, but I’m looking forward to seeing the new land in Epic. The Donkeykong coaster looks like a huge amount of fun.

What do you think of the Potter attractions in Orlando? Good enough to overcome your dislike of the IP, or do you avoid the Potter lands entirely?

I have no interest at all in the superhero genre, yet the Spider-Man attraction in IoA is brilliant, and for a long time was my favourite ride anywhere. I wouldn’t know one end of a Nintendo game from the other, but I’m looking forward to seeing the new land in Epic. The Donkeykong coaster looks like a huge amount of fun.

That Donkey-Kong ride is super creative and fun-looking, a shame we won't get our own but what can you do? I do hope that we do get rides with a similar innovation and creative side, and if it suits the IP, even better.

Reactions: Steeb and rob@rar
Nothing to do but visit Orlando! Late-September or early-October 2026 for us. Our first trip outside of school holidays, and hopefully slightly cooler and less humid than our usual August holidays.

Alas Orlando is out of my price-range, which is why UGB means so much to me, having the chance to do a Universal Park without ruining myself financially is a dream.

Last time I was at universal we didn't do potter at all. We just stayed in the universal side of the park.

I think I might be out of the loop who’s Tomfoolery?
The guy who first broke the news on this forum that Universal were planning a UK park, he's mentioned in the first post in this thread page 1. A trusted source of insider info!

Don’t say that too loud, We’ll be stuck talking about the plausibility of it again for a few pages… Now if we want to discuss the merits of a Dark Ride/ Launch Coaster for Back to the Future I’m here!

Yeah let's not. I'm down for BTTF - I loved that ride so much. But they won't be doing any retro rides sadly. I'd love a tram tour with various sections like Jaws and Earthquake like the original tram tour in California. But I don't think that will happen either. Would be really fun though.

Same, that Spiderman ride was always my favourite ride in that park in the 2000's, even when I didn't care for superheroes at all. Now I have little boys who love spiderman it's even better.

Last time I was at universal we didn't do potter at all. We just stayed in the universal side of the park.

I think many people like the “idea” of Harry Potter, especially as a themed world, but probably haven’t literally watched all of the movies.

I didn’t watch the movies properly, but I like the idea of “Harry Potter” (to a point).

But missed out on Transformers because of it.

Absolutely fuming.

Reactions: xtpower

I have heard really positive reviews of the West End production of BTTF.

I’ve been promised tickets. Yet to arrive of course.

Shows there is still a big interest in the classic movies over here.