Universal Great Britain | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nothing really to tell except the strange markings that have appeared.

Those markings are strange and I cannot see them on previous videos or on Google Maps. They are too geometric to be random. I have no idea, my son said they look like the outline of a proposed temporary building site but I am not so sure. A bit off the wall, but, if/when this goes ahead, could they be putting some logo or something there so advertise the development, knowing full well it will end up all over YouTube? I genuinely have no idea and would be interested to hear other views.

As I thought, a vaguely positive but entirely non-committal response. We know that DCMS officials are continuing with the negotiation process (I think this is being led by Sam Lister, one of the DCMS Director Generals, so a very senior official, just one step down from the Permanent Secretary). We think that agreement is close, so hopefully when Lisa Nandy and Chris Bryant meet with Universal it will be to finalise this current stage of the process. Perhaps this will take place in August, but I’d guess September is more likely. This would tie in with what Bedford Council have timetabled for their response to a statutory consultation which must take place before the Special Development Order can be agreed.