Universal Great Britain | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A You Tube video from yesterday. Two more houses empty in Manor Road, these are at the far end where the intention is to straighten Manor Road. The contributor also says that residents say one more house in the road is sold but the residents are yet to move.

The video shows the empty houses identified in the video having been fenced off with those concrete barriers.

Beautiful houses tbf, but all for a good cause

A You Tube video from yesterday. Two more houses empty in Manor Road, these are at the far end where the intention is to straighten Manor Road. The contributor also says that residents say one more house in the road is sold but the residents are yet to move.

The video shows the empty houses identified in the video having been fenced off with those concrete barriers.

I have had it on good authority (ok, a friend who knows a relative of one of the residents) that Universal are still actively trying to buy all the residential property in Manor Road, and may have bought more than we know about.

There were also cars on the old brickworks site today, and more new concrete barriers now blocking the access to the field opposite the old brickworks site. Things are definitely still bubbling and I am getting hopeful that news will break soon.

I think we may need the drone up again to see if anything is going on. :) :)

Things are definitely still bubbling and I am getting hopeful that news will break soon.
I’m past the point of thinking that an official announcement is important. There are so many individual pointers that things are progressing (from Universal having spent £250M on land acquisition, to them continuing to buy inconveniently located houses, and many other signs) I’ve concluded that this thing is happening and I don’t need Comcast to publicly say that for me to be confident. Groundwork was well in hand by the time that Epic Universe was officially announced, I think we might see the same here.

Reactions: LieutLaww
I’m past the point of thinking that an official announcement is important. There are so many individual pointers that things are progressing (from Universal having spent £250M on land acquisition, to them continuing to buy inconveniently located houses, and many other signs) I’ve concluded that this thing is happening and I don’t need Comcast to publicly say that for me to be confident. Groundwork was well in hand by the time that Epic Universe was officially announced, I think we might see the same here.
I tend to agree. A lot of water is under the bridge now.

Why would you continue to buy up housing in the area if you were then just going to say nah not worth it, I think we will just have to be patient and wait for comcast to comcast. ie 2 days before it opens announce it lol

I agree with you there. Too much has been happening for this to fall on its face.

Why would you continue to buy up housing in the area if you were then just going to say nah not worth it, I think we will just have to be patient and wait for comcast to comcast. ie 2 days before it opens announce it lol

It probably helps the resale value, if you've already gone to the effort of sorting potential future risks like nearby houses that have an unknown acquisition cost. But it's clear they still have people on salary here to actually do this stuff, which is at least somewhat reassuring.

I made the mistake of bookmarking this thread back when we thought the announcement was going to be end of June, so every time I come back I see "Well it's not end of June yet!" and internally cry a bit, it's disappointing things haven't been given the go ahead, I try to be optimistic, but I was around back when Disney wanted to build in Dorset and remember reading the flyers we had through the door and getting all excited, before they eventually buggered off to Paris with the park instead, I was only young but it taught me not to get my hopes up, but I also vaguely recall the locals not being happy about it at all, which certainly isn't the case here.

The UK is so depressing, especially if you love theme parks, watching our own parks deteriorate thanks Merlin's virtual monopoly. Just imagine how exciting it would be if groundwork started, I'd be googling for updates everyday for years, lapping up all the drone footage etc.

Anyhow, I sent my letter in support of the project, just have to hope and pray now!