Universal Great Britain | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You have to remember what central Florida was like before Disney and Universal arrived on the scene:

Thanks for posting the YouTube link.

That video is superb. I’d never heard of Alan Whicker, but his satirical and sarcastic one liners are hilarious in this.

It does have a very strange feel to it, especially when he’s interviewing the real estate guys, and the Disney staff members.

Still blows my mind that this is even on the table.
This! Been visiting Disney and Universal theme parks since 1996 and never imagined I’d be looking forward to having one just an hour’s drive from home. Have no interest in visiting parks like Thorpe or Alton Towers, they don’t appeal, but if Universal GB is as good as we hope and expect I’m going to be there all the time!

Reactions: Chessy and Steeb
Whilst I haven’t been going for that long, I’ve still been visiting Disney and Universal most of my life, so I definitely feel similarly as a UK Resident, even if it’s a good 3 Hours away from me, though already that makes it way more accessible than any of the other Disney or Universal Resorts

This! Been visiting Disney and Universal theme parks since 1996 and never imagined I’d be looking forward to having one just an hour’s drive from home. Have no interest in visiting parks like Thorpe or Alton Towers, they don’t appeal, but if Universal GB is as good as we hope and expect I’m going to be there all the time!
Same year I first went. Animal Kingdom, Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay didn’t exist back then. The classic Universal attractions were great though.

Ask any kid in the UK in these types of towns, and they'd probably call it rubbish.

You have to remember what central Florida was like before Disney and Universal arrived on the scene:

It's not so much what the area is like but how much potential it has. Bedford ticks all the correct boxes.

Yeah, I was amused relating to the view of someone growing up in a smaller town and thinking wtf's so special about it that it'd be picked for something as grandiose as a major theme park.

For better or worse outside developers are used to looking past what the locals are used to.

@ProjectUniversal has posted the video from the recent council meeting on his channel.

So context for the rundown Rob gave.

A couple of things I found interesting:
  • Universal and government went into formal negotiations a couple of weeks ago and have intentionally "entered a period of quiet in the public domain" (6:10)
  • (Should be obvious) NDAs are involved so naturally information for the rest of us is minimal (7:52)
    • interesting to note he mentioned last couple of years meaning this has been in the works since late 2021 or early 2022?
  • 8:02 —
    • Pop Tv Dont Worry GIF by Schitt's Creek
It does sound like we'll have some good news to look forward to just in time for the holidays! :) I'd like to go back across the pond someday and planning something out for late in the decade within a year or two of the new park opening sounds like a nice idea.

I've never been to Alton Towers but if I go it sounds like I should probably do that before I go to the new park. :lol:

Reactions: usfgeek
Mohammad Yasin still having regular talks with Universal. I've seen absolutely nothing so far to indicate that things are not on track - it's all positive and par for the course.

Reactions: rob@rar