Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

What other castle IP does Universal have? The castle in the center doesn't look like Hogwarts at all. No cliff. No show building.

Too, could not the hulk coaster be rethemed to Green Lantern?

Niles over at TPI seems to think this is just a mock up for the PR end and that this is not necessarily what the park will look like, to protect the park owners from knockouts before they build. Interesting idea. Kind of what Disney did with the early roll out of Shanghai.

Looks nicely laid out, even if attractions aren't final. Interesting that there seems to be a version of HE even though both areas of WWoHP are next to each other.

If that show building in Jurassic Park is helicoptours though...

Loving what the concept art is showing, and the layout looks really cool, too! Looks like Hippogriff and Hogwarts will be on the water, which should be stunning. Also really digging the entrance with the hotel right there. Can't get more convenient and on-site than that, lol!

Looking forward to seeing more of what will be offered here, but so far it looks amazing! :thumbs:

what kills me is that everything will be in Chinese! It is honestly a major deterrent from me going since all of the shows and ride videos will be impossible for me to understand...

I don't think the attractions will be in Chinese. If you watch videos of rides at Hong Kong Disneyland and Universal Singapore, they are in English.

^That is because both of those countries/sort of a country speak two languages, one native, the other English. I believe both were British colonies a long time ago, and far, far away. Communist China will likely be much different.

Last edited:
I don't think the attractions will be in Chinese. If you watch videos of rides at Hong Kong Disneyland and Universal Singapore, they are in English.

Oh really? In that case I'm pumped! I know Singapore isn't. I just thought it might be because Japan is almost completely Japanese.

Also, interesting to note they will seemingly be getting the Hollywood Bowl-themed concert venue. You can the architecture will be the same by the shape of the building in the concert yard depicted.

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind first thing. Second thing was the abundance of knockoffs in the concept. Third thing was the Communist Totalitarian government. I was once offered an all expense paid business trip to Hong Kong and I said, "no, send someone else...".

:jaw: That's too bad, Hong Kong is awesome! It really isn't like mainland China at all, sad that many people don't realize that. Their government (for now) is different (as you can tell with the protests), their currency is different, they don't even drive on the same side of the road as mainlanders...completely different license requirements. HK residents are also not too fond of a lot of mainlanders, especially their lack of manners!

I think we're focusing a bit too much on the concept art. I have a feeling it's more "This is what it may look like" more than "This is what it will actually look like".

I agree that it is more a proof of concept piece than an actual representation.

I believe that Hogwarts castle is hidden behind the Hulk-like launch tunnel. And the castle stuff and brown thing I am going with Dracula's B&M Flyer, Frankenstien's Castle, and the brown thing on the right is Kong.

Update: Just found the super hi-res pic. I guess it is supposed to be Hogwarts as Hogsmeade is right to the left of it.

Here is the pic: http://i1.minus.com/ihgAOOqgUGkdX.jpg

Hi all, lurker here, but decided to make my first post here.

I downloaded the image Teebin linked to, and zoomed in and noticed something - but I may be making a fool out of myself, so I'd love second opinions.

The grey building with the arch at the very back - it has a "blob" on the right hand side. When zoomed in, it looks - to me at least - like a giant gorilla head. Problem is, now I've seen it as that, I can't see it as anything else! So if you guys could have a look, tell me if you think I'm crazy and making an idiot out of myself with my first post!.

I do also agree with the idea that this is a place-holder and not representative of how the park will look, but if I'm not insane about the gorilla thing, could this be what the Skull Island façade in Orlando will look like?

I do also agree with the idea that this is a place-holder and not representative of how the park will look, but if I'm not insane about the gorilla thing, could this be what the Skull Island façade in Orlando will look like?

Sounds reasonable to me. I haven't been able to figure out what it is and Kong is the last thing my brain would hope for.

is the blob grey? If it is it looks more like a skull to me. It will be interesting to see what the Hulk copy ends up being.

I agree that it is more a proof of concept piece than an actual representation.

This what I am thinking also. We always see concept art for rides and the like and things change constantly for the most part. Considering this is due in 2019 there is plenty of time for a lot of changes before then. Excited to see this come together!

All that said. Let's conjecture and wonder with what we have: this lone piece of artwork. I believe we can conjecture the hell out of it because I will bet you all that it is closer to accurate than not. I mean really really close.

My thoughts on this concept art from the enhanced photo

Starting from the left:
-Obviously a concert plaza
-Then we get into an unknown area which we can assume is sci-fi themed of some kind. Two show buildings, can't tell the first one but upon closer inspection the second looks like Transformers. You can see part of a figure standing on the building that is blue and red, clearly Optimus Prime. A few other buildings that are likely just shops/restaurants but you can't tell what they are.
-The obvious Hulk replica is weird, since it can't be the same ride by name but it looks 100% the same.
-The next area weirdly looks like Diagon Alley, with a face and things behind with a show building you could assume is Gringotts even though the façade looks NOTHING like Gringotts. Also see what looks like Hogwarts Express tracks above the park.
-To the right of that is an obvious Hogsmeade with Flight of the Hippogriff present. Oddly enough, nothing that looks like Hogwarts itself is present, however it has a bridge connecting to the castle in the middle, which we could assume is their Hogwarts but they just didn't do the colors right for the concept art. It looks like Hogwarts meets Cinderella Castle honestly. Weird.
-Right next to the assumed Diagon Alley is an obvious Revenge of the Mummy building. With a small little mini-land that is themed like Egypt or something.
-Then to the right of that behind the blue castle there's a blue roller coaster and an unknown show building. I'm drawing a blank on what this could be.
-Then there is Jurassic Park, we can see a Discovery Center and a JPRA like show building with a drop. There's a giant show building there too, but it isn't necessarily a lock to be a part of Jurassic Park. It could be it's own thing or go to the land to the left.
-Then you have an obvious Far Far Away land with a show building like Singapore for Shrek 4-D and a kiddie coaster that looks similar to the one they have in Singapore. Right next to that looks like the Madagascar area of Singapore with the carousel and a show building that is likely home to the ride at Singapore.
-There's another show building and some rock like terrain in this area, no clue what it could be.