Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think this is new?
There is no F&F and everything else looks right so guessing so!
I wish I could find a bigger version as it looks amazingly detailed!
EW8IRA8XkAUoPUV.jpg
Credit: @LCASTUDIOS_USJ

and there is a construction update on Themeparx, Waterworld looks virtually finished:

I think this is new?
View attachment 12103

and there is a construction update on Themeparx, Waterworld looks virtually finished:
Released back in October in official press release:

I think this is new?
View attachment 12103

EDIT: Deleted as Alicia beat me to it.

Also F&F has been canned for a while now.

Released back in October in official press release:

How the hell did I miss that one before? It's Beautiful.

EDIT: Deleted as Alicia beat me to it.

Also F&F has been canned for a while now.

Yeah I know F&F is canned, that is why I thought this was new artwork as its building was shown on all the old plans.

Reactions: Suchomimus
I’m guessing f&f was gonna go between hollywood and minions or hollywood and the live show area? it’s a pretty big building.
Wasn't it replaced with some filmmaking show starring Steven Spielberg and Zhang Yimou of House of Flying Daggers fame? Or was that always in the plans?

Wasn't it replaced with some filmmaking show starring Steven Spielberg and Zhang Yimou of House of Flying Daggers fame? Or was that always in the plans?
From what James said with f&f’s original location, both were originally planned. Lights, Camera, Action is opening with the park in another spot, not where f&f was once meant to be. There’s already a version of the show with just Spielberg as a host at Universal Singapore if you wanna see a video of what the show is like! (unsure if it’ll be the same scene/sequence, but regardless you can get a feel for the attraction)

From what James said with f&f’s original location, both were originally planned. Lights, Camera, Action is opening with the park in another spot, not where f&f was once meant to be. There’s already a version of the show with just Spielberg as a host at Universal Singapore if you wanna see a video of what the show is like! (unsure if it’ll be the same scene/sequence, but regardless you can get a feel for the attraction)
Oh yeah, I know that one. A boat crashes into a building and there's fire. Very reminiscent of Backdraft (RIP)

tried to go back a few pages but haven't found the reason.. there is a lot of room for expansion in this park, but how come there is no SNW?

tried to go back a few pages but haven't found the reason.. there is a lot of room for expansion in this park, but how come there is no SNW?
Japanese products don't have much presence in China for a lot of reasons, but the two I've heard most are

A. Japan's brutal treatment of China before and during WWII.
B. Chinese laws limiting or outright prohibiting the sale of consoles that weren't lifted until a few years ago.

I personally believe the later is a larger factor than the former though I imagine both have had an effect on Nintendo's cultural cache and recognition within China. Unlike their American and Japanese counterparts, many Chinese citizens have not grown up with Nintendo characters and their games. As such, it doesn't make much sense to include the land over properties that Chinese audiences have a pre-established connection with (Kung Fu Panda, Transformers, Jurassic, etc.)

Universal definitely thought about it early in planning the park, but they realized the market wouldn’t like it, as @PerceptiveCoot explained.

It'll be interesting to come back to the subject post Beijing Opening and post Illumination Mario, especially if Universal wants to bring the plumber to cinema's in China.

if successful, that could be how they'd sneak it in, albeit under the caveat of how NSW does in China during the next few years, and now.

Japanese products don't have much presence in China for a lot of reasons, but the two I've heard most are

A. Japan's brutal treatment of China before and during WWII.
B. Chinese laws limiting or outright prohibiting the sale of consoles that weren't lifted until a few years ago.

I personally believe the later is a larger factor than the former though I imagine both have had an effect on Nintendo's cultural cache and recognition within China. Unlike their American and Japanese counterparts, many Chinese citizens have not grown up with Nintendo characters and their games. As such, it doesn't make much sense to include the land over properties that Chinese audiences have a pre-established connection with (Kung Fu Panda, Transformers, Jurassic, etc.)

Wild that it persists. With such an attitude Europe and the US should be crucifying Germany for 1000 years. On the other hand, perhaps skepticism is warranted. Hmm.