Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

Also one thing i wanted to add, i don't understand why they always try to pushed forced perspective when comes to rocks work, it's OK for something to didn't look bigger than it actualy is !

Forced perspective is a well established technique ! You can easily tell in the design stages if it's going to work or not !
My opinion is that they should've gone the route of giant boulders or a big rock formation located near the lake !

Like in the picture below, it's a big natural rock formation, it look amazing and impressive even if it's not a 2000 ft mountain !

Hope it make sens, just my opinion :grin:

2C89EFBF-34DA-467F-806C-0B621AF4E7AD.jpeg

Beijing have released their park app including full details of shops/restaurants and stylised map:
img_2370.png

Credit to themparx:

KFP coming along wonderfully, while I hope something else goes on the ceiling, even if it’s mist or something that’d be dope, knowing what projection mapping can possibly do it’d be amazing to see it all covered but if not I’m pretty happy with how it looks frankly.

KFP coming along wonderfully, while I hope something else goes on the ceiling, even if it’s mist or something that’d be dope, knowing what projection mapping can possibly do it’d be amazing to see it all covered but if not I’m pretty happy with how it looks frankly.

No matter how the boat ride turns out, the land looks terrific.

Pretty sure the ceiling is just gonna be black. But one thing to remember is we haven't seen what the land looks like lit only in show lighting. Everything we have seen so far has been fully lit with work lights.

Pretty sure the ceiling is just gonna be black. But one thing to remember is we haven't seen what the land looks like lit only in show lighting. Everything we have seen so far has been fully lit with work lights.
Yeah that’s why I’m not too worried, there’s going to be plenty of awesome lighting around the land I don’t foreseee it being an issue

Correct, it's just black like on Pirates or in the Pyramid in Mexico. Standing looking toward the back of the land the illusion should work fine.

Looking through themeparx photos and I can't imagine walking through Hogsmeade in real snow that would be worth the trip itself

Attachments

• universal-studios-beijing-71453700.png
    universal-studios-beijing-71453700.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Actually think it might be a clone of the Japan version, so Back to the Future style instead of our version? Not 100% sure though.
Hmmm since they are starting from scratch it would've been nice to see this taken a SloP route could've been new and unique to this park. But glad to hear its BttF clone.

Last edited:
I'm in love with the lantern spinner. My family's second trip DCA they had Flick's Flyers which was a version of this ride. I was at the park with my wife, DD5, DD18months. Me and DD5 rode Flick's probably 10 times in the 4 days we were there. This version is WAY better. Not to take anything away from Flick's. It was by far the best flat in bug's land.

IAJ5VC.png