Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
-Still looks like they're not going for any resorts integrated into their parks like the Grand Californian or Hotel MiraCosta, and that really bums me out. It's great from a guest perspective feeling like you're staying inside the park, and it's great from a business perspective getting to charge premium room rates for the premium experience. I feel like there's so much untapped potential for the idea, too, just look at the way MiraCosta is integrated so naturally into the Mediterranean Harbor of DisneySea. Imagine staying at the Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley, or an Atlantis-themed resort in the Lost Continent, or the Hilton Isla Nublar in Jurassic World, or a cluster of high-rises integrated into New York or a Fisherman's Wharf-themed hotel in San Francisco. This drives me nuts about the UOR resorts. The Hard Rock Hotel is SO. CLOSE. to USF, it's even right next to the Hollywood section of the park! The Royal Pacific, Sapphire Falls, and Cabana Bay are feet away from IoA. And Cabana Bay doesn't even appear to have a special gate into Volcano Bay, much less be integrated into the park. Cabana Bay could have easily slanted more towards a tiki-theme and they could have really done something special there. This plan doesn't even to seem to have much in the way of hotels with great views of the parks, just the one next to the water park. It's just kind of a strange design philosophy to me.
Actually, the entrance to the first park will be the flagship hotel. Can't read any of this, but it shows the layout:
Web Site Blocked

Ao1g7GC.jpg

zv5lmAi.jpg

I don't know if this means anything as an early Nintendo layout, but I do count 3 buildings, 2 of which I'd guess are showbuildings and one of which I'd guess is shopping and dining. Plus, E.T.'s showbuilding is still clearly there. Any thoughts?

Ya, the fact that the Disaster ride building is in that image tells me it must be a placeholder.

This also shows you how early SNW began being planned. It was before Fast and Furious was even planned for Orlando or at least before a site was chosen.

Reactions: tankart150
I don't think Nintendo is in the opening line up for Beijing.

If i'm not mistaken, I believe @JungleSkip said that early on when Beijing was formally announced.

China doesn't need Nintendo.... They've got a few things in the pipeline unique to them were all gonna drool over lol.

:cheers:

I am very curious about what comes to Beijing for many different reasons. And to me, I am curious to see the unique attractions that they have planned (As one of them HAS TO BE a Kung Fu Panda attraction).

I did a little research and Nintendo doesn't really seem to be an entity in China. Nintendo's console weren't allowed until 2014 and most gaming is mobile.

I'm thinking a lot of Dreamworks will be going to China. Also, and I apologize for introducing this to the conversation, but I could envision a world where Universal agrees to share USA Marvel theme park rights in exchange for getting shared Marvel rights in China.

I could be wrong but shouldnt we be looking closely at USB's original park design as some kind of hint as to what we might be getting for a third park in Florida. (Maybe not the same attractions but at least a layout)

Reactions: Quint
I did a little research and Nintendo doesn't really seem to be an entity in China. Nintendo's console weren't allowed until 2014 and most gaming is mobile.

I'm thinking a lot of Dreamworks will be going to China. Also, and I apologize for introducing this to the conversation, but I could envision a world where Universal agrees to share USA Marvel theme park rights in exchange for getting shared Marvel rights in China.

Since they already built an ironman ride in Hong Kong, I'm doubting they'll be giving up the Marvel rights in China.

Since they already built an ironman ride in Hong Kong, I'm doubting they'll be giving up the Marvel rights in China.

Hong Kong isn't on mainland China though, correct?

And also; I'd debunk that thought as-well, as even with something as minor as a version of the Marvel Museum that DL had a few years back, that would show interest in possibly investing in Marvel over there instead of Star Wars (which..isn't exactly a big hit in China unlike Marvel).

If i'm not mistaken, I believe @JungleSkip said that early on when Beijing was formally announced.

:cheers:

I am very curious about what comes to Beijing for many different reasons. And to me, I am curious to see the unique attractions that they have planned (As one of them HAS TO BE a Kung Fu Panda attraction).

My understanding is Nintendo was cut from Beijing and that's why WLB freaked about the project budget being cut. Also they never mentioned USB in the press release ;)

My understanding is Nintendo was cut from Beijing and that's why WLB freaked about the project budget being cut. Also they never mentioned USB in the press release ;)

That makes sense in a way. And to be quite honest, I actually get Nintendo not coming to Beijing just yet.

Give it time to grow, as an intellectual IP; it has a long way to go in China. But, if Nintendo keeps support of the company strong in China with the Switch and multiple Nintendo IP's coming over there (to hopefully get the kick it'll need), I think it'll eventually come to Beijing.

What I would be curious about, is to see how Universal brings Despicable Me; Kung Fu Panda; and Fast and Furious over there, as they are highly marketable IP's that have been very popular in China.

I would really hope Minion Mayhem doesn't come to USB. It's honestly a waste considering how big that IP is.

Personally, I think it could go fifty/fifty on whether it'd be a completely new attraction, or; if it'd be bringing the strong suits of Hollywood and Osaka's and putting it all into one experience (like how FJ at Hollywood {and probably Beijing} is the best iteration of the attraction).

Reactions: GadgetGuru