Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

Bottom left, directly left of the US Grand a Hotel and to the right of the music plaza is where our “ family”would’ve gone. They made the correct decision to cut this.

Attachments

• 10E7F3CA-8888-440D-94A0-461C9EA13DDC.jpeg
    10E7F3CA-8888-440D-94A0-461C9EA13DDC.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 42
KFP area plans including the boat ride. Looks like a really small drop and dual loading to help with capacity. Plus what looks like it could be a number of dome screens for projections?
View attachment 13582View attachment 13583

On those blueprints you see a label for "Show Tree".

screen-shot-2020-12-04-at-12.56.35-am.png

Looks like some cool projection mapping.

Pic from ThemeparX.com

Everything I’ve seen from the KFP boat ride since it’s inception has been relatively meh. Screens overused (and not amazingly integrated), and relatively short+clunky.
I’ve really hoped to be proven wrong by one of USB’s few original attractions, but it’s not looking promising.

That's quite a bummer. I was hoping to see Universal knock a dark boat ride out of the park.

That's quite a bummer. I was hoping to see Universal knock a dark boat ride out of the park.

Yeah that sucks to hear, especially with how amazing the land itself looks. And because I really like the KFP movies (don't let Shark hear this but I never really cared about Spongebob so if there was indeed a change in IP used I think it was a good move).

Here's to the Jurassic World ride being super practical and hitting it out of the park, seeing as how I don't think any of the other Jurassic rides would get built from the ground up today. (Not that I'm ever planning on riding it but still.)

Last edited: