Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

Yeah, if we go back to 2016 and ask Disney fans what they want in Shanghai’s second gate they’d say they want to be able to fly the Millennium Falcon, and look how that turned out.

The drawing you showed is 15 % plans, which cost time and money to produce as a degree of planning and foresight needs to go into it.
Hate to break it to you, but the second gate layout isn’t 15% plans. That’s like a 15 second copy paste of an existing site plan from a PDF. There was so little effort put into it that none of the service roads ringing the second park even connect to anything.

The queue for the Jurassic World ride where you walk through the laboratory and so forth is the kind of thing I’d been hoping to see done to the Hollywood queue when the JW conversion happened, even though it was an obvious long shot. Oh well.

I’m still just waiting for a POV for Jurassic Flyers. Hopefully now that it’s fully open, there’ll be one soon. I wanna know what’s in that mountain, dammit!

The queue for the Jurassic World ride where you walk through the laboratory and so forth is the kind of thing I’d been hoping to see done to the Hollywood queue when the JW conversion happened, even though it was an obvious long shot. Oh well.

I’m still just waiting for a POV for Jurassic Flyers. Hopefully now that it’s fully open, there’ll be one soon. I wanna know what’s in that mountain, dammit!
I don’t think Flyers opened with the park today.

Looks… okay, I guess? I like the use of both Williams’ and Giacchino’s scores at least. Seems like my excitement for seeing what’s in the mountain was for nothing, but oh well.

I do, however, wanna know what the thing is at the 1:30 mark that the vehicle passes by… Seems like some kind of generator, but what a weird prop to just… have there.

Last edited:
Was originally listed as Pteranodon Flyers in the plans. That doesn’t offer much more than a quick flight around the area either. At least this version has better capacity and allows you to ride without a kid.

The dark ride was always the main attraction.

Jurassic Flyers nighttime POV has been posted on YouTube:

I understand why it's there, but all of the catwalks and supports kind of block the views and thrill IMO. Maybe it's because the POV was taken at night and that's why I couldn't see much...

Comparing it to Pterandon Flyers, that ride has a rocking feature that is scary, and Jurassic Flyers seems like it spins a lot. At least I can ride Jurassic Flyers when ever I get to Beijing.

And Dragon Gliders at Motiongate Dubai.
It's funny you mention that ride, because it just reminds me of how 2 out of the 3 Inverted Powered Coasters could have been something very different. Jurassic Flyers could have been just another Jurassic kiddy inverted coaster with low capacity and Dargan Gliders could have been a Kuka Arm ride like Forbidden Journey.

It was definitely more coaster than I was expecting

Looks really fun and a nice little flying ride around the land with a score

I, of course, would like to see show scenes with this tech

But for this application I think it managed to provide some cool views and a slight thrill for the young ones

Far superior to Pteranodon Flyers