Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Daytime POV

The ginormous evac path at the bottom seems to distract from the overall experience

WHAT'S ALL THIS THEN?! Here's a great walk around tour of the park

Nice walking tour video....The coaster really does nothing for me. Kind of a futuristic 'Seuss Trolley' in scope, but the Seuss Trolley offers a better visual experience....And even Pteranodon Flyers, it's kind of
sister attraction, has better views of it's pathway area, and doesn't ruin the area's immersion like this attraction does. . If you're going to uglify an area with coaster track, don't waste it on an attraction that's
only technically a coaster, and isn't really much of anything. Build a 'real thrill' coaster of some sort.......and....the only land that was crowded opening day, albeit a bad weather day, was....ta da, drum roll,...Hogsmeade....
That would have been an easy bet.

Last edited:
This video shows us something that I do not think has been pointed out yet. These might be newer designs for the scoop vehicle on JWA. Look at how the "door" opens at the 7:17 mark in the video...
I didn’t see the video yet, but they are different designs. The motion bases are the same, but the top parts are lower, and don’t try to block your peripheral view since this ride is not in 3D.

My opinion, after seeing just about everything this park has to offer, at this point in time. Beijing is a Beautiful park with a nice layout....BUT....comparing it to Universal Osaka Japan....Osaka is clearly the superior international park,
even though it's setting is in a fairly ugly industrial area of Osaka. Attraction wise, Japan by a wide margin.

My opinion, after seeing just about everything this park has to offer, at this point in time. Beijing is a Beautiful park with a nice layout....BUT....comparing it to Universal Osaka Japan....Osaka is clearly the superior international park,
even though it's setting is in a fairly ugly industrial area of Osaka. Attraction wise, Japan by a wide margin.
I think that's incredibly unfair to compare USB with USJ. That'd be like comparing SHDL on opening day to Tokyo DisneySea.

Japan has two rides that I’m jealous of, China has one. Not counting a terrific land with an ok headliner ride in each (SNW, KFP).

I would gladly take JW Scoop ride, Lights Cam Action, Panda Land/Ride, and some general aesthetic stuff in Orlando anyday

That being said, Epic Universe is positioned to be far superior, coupled with the original Orlando parks and we will have the best resort by miles
Yes, My opinion, from what we know, is that Epic will be the far superior and more interesting park, with it's only real attraction clones being Nintendo and maybe the dragon Show, if that show happens.

On the subject of Lights, Camera, Action!

Gosh I miss those kinds of attractions at the parks

I know they don't move merch, I know they cost a lot to run, I know they're just side attractions

buuuut....I have a soft spot in my heart for those types of attractions
I liked those also, especially the bigger productions like Earthquake and the DHS special effects tour. LCA seems a little less, more like Twister. That said, their
main problem is they get old quick, and don't lend themselves to many repeat visits. But they certainly help a park's overall balance. I miss them too.