Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

From what I heard, isn't it just the Kung Fu panda film at the Dreamworks theatre in ride form?
I certainly hope not. I'd be baffled if they cheaped out on a popular I.P for the market. No doubt that this park looks great, but based on the ride lineup, there's a lot of weight on both the Jurassic World dark ride and the Kung Fu Panda ride to bring something new and practical to the table. Otherwise, there's nothing really interesting in this park for me, unless they quickly announce a new expansion or that rumored all Chinese I.P second park with a wuxia Rise of the Resistance or something.

KFP area plans including the boat ride. Looks like a really small drop and dual loading to help with capacity. Plus what looks like it could be a number of dome screens for projections?
View attachment 13582View attachment 13583

[/QUOTE/] Hope that merge point works better than WDW's orginal Pirates did LOL

That would be disappointing if that is the rides plot, although I haven’t seen KFP in Hollywood so it’d be fresh for me.

This is the Madagascar ride in Singapore, honestly I do not think it is that bad. Give it updated, and at least decent AAs compared to these then I do believe it could make a very good ride.

Mack powered invert is testing. The capacity on this is going to be bad.

Via themparx

Europa Park's "Arthur" has a listed pph of 1,600. Maybe they have found a way via dual load stations or other tricks to bump that number up higher.

Does anybody know why there are so many construction photos of this place? Are rules more relaxed there?

Here we go!

screen-shot-2020-12-07-at-4.40.40-pm.png

screen-shot-2020-12-07-at-4.38.33-pm.png

screen-shot-2020-12-07-at-4.38.55-pm.png

screen-shot-2020-12-07-at-4.39.15-pm.png

screen-shot-2020-12-07-at-4.39.39-pm.png

screen-shot-2020-12-07-at-5.22.04-pm.png

More pics at the link below.

I'm not seeing anything that would make me want to lose the fully-physical ride experience of River Adventure, but those animatronics should be impressive in motion.

How about we just bring River Adventure's AAs into the modern era?

I'm not seeing anything that would make me want to lose the fully-physical ride experience of River Adventure, but those animatronics should be impressive in motion.

How about we just bring River Adventure's AAs into the modern era?
If you add in the reservoir, you could fit like two Spidermans on JPRA's plot

I'm also curious what the future looks like for water rides at Universal, specifically outdoor ones

Also, standby for a "guys, they literally just added a ride to JP and there's a pandemic" post

Last edited:
If you add in the reservoir, you could fit like two Spidermans on JPRA's plot

Its space is well-utilized for the attraction that it is, I think. Just update the animatronics, and River Adventure would pretty much be the perfect Jurassic Park ride (in the absence of giving us the Jeep/Explorer tour from the film, which there just isn't the space for anymore, nor the interest).

Its space is well-utilized for the attraction that it is, I think. Just update the animatronics, and River Adventure would pretty much be the perfect Jurassic Park ride (in the absence of giving us the Jeep/Explorer tour from the film, which there just isn't the space for anymore, nor the interest).
You’ll never get impressive looking AAs outdoors