Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

I really wanna know what the original concept for that ride was. Apparently it was extremely advanced in terms of the vehicle.

I really wanna know what the original concept for that ride was. Apparently it was extremely advanced in terms of the vehicle.
Suspended ride system with multiple cables that can independently pull on different corners of the vehicle to provide a new type of simulated movement as it travels hanging from an overhead track.

Shame it isn't been made into a Gyrosphere vehicle and a practical attraction instead of another copy of a Spider-Man attraction.

From what's been said, it sounds like it has a completely different layout than Transformers/Spidey (I seriously doubt it ends with a fall). I don't think it's 3D either.

I still don't think we need any more SCOOPs in Orlando, though.

Last edited:
I'm kinda shocked Universal didn't build a F&F attraction at this park, especially considering how well that franchise has preformed in China.I'm sure the awful reviews from Orlando's didn't help, but apart of me hopes if they do decide to build a new F&F attraction in Beijing, maybe they can split the development cost with Orlando and both resorts can get a new F&F attraction

I'm kinda shocked Universal didn't build a F&F attraction at this park, especially considering how well that franchise has preformed in China.I'm sure the awful reviews from Orlando's didn't help, but apart of me hopes if they do decide to build a new F&F attraction in Beijing, maybe they can split the development cost with Orlando and both resorts can get a new F&F attraction
It was in the earlier plans to the left right after the park entrance. . Once it flopped in Orlando, it disappeared from Beijing's maps. That was a wise move.

It was in the earlier plans to the left right after the park entrance. . Once it flopped in Orlando, it disappeared from Beijing's maps. That was a wise move.
No doubt a wise decision if they were just going to plop Orlando's version. But F&F is such a huge franchise in China I still can't believe Universal didn't say "let's build a new E-Ticket for this franchise in our china park"... I understand most of this park is just clones (Wizarding World, Transformers, Water World) but giving the box office numbers from the recent F&F films, any decent attraction featuring the franchise would probably be the most popular ride in the park. Really seems like a missed opportunity

No doubt a wise decision if they were just going to plop Orlando's version. But F&F is such a huge franchise in China I still can't believe Universal didn't say "let's build a new E-Ticket for this franchise in our china park"... I understand most of this park is just clones (Wizarding World, Transformers, Water World) but giving the box office numbers from the recent F&F films, any decent attraction featuring the franchise would probably be the most popular ride in the park. Really seems like a missed opportunity

Kind of funny that they just killed it with the ride system that would've been best for F&F with Jurassic World.

With the timing of the Orlando F&F disaster flop, it probably would have been too tight a window to put together an entirely different F&F attraction, development,/testing/build, in time to open it with the rest of the new park. Thuat said, Universal could always add an expansion F&F expansion attraction if China & Universal deemed it expedient.