Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

I'm kinda shocked Universal didn't build a F&F attraction at this park, especially considering how well that franchise has preformed in China.I'm sure the awful reviews from Orlando's didn't help, but apart of me hopes if they do decide to build a new F&F attraction in Beijing, maybe they can split the development cost with Orlando and both resorts can get a new F&F attraction
Perhaps they'll design a F&F ride for Beijing a year after it opens and they can clone it in Orlando :look:

Never said a straight up clone, just the idea of a thrill coaster.
I'd guess the duelling coaster planned for EU is one of the concepts they had for a Fast & Furious themed coaster. They probably couldn't make it fit in any of the existing parks, so they decided to re-use the concept for EU. A good idea never really dies, it just gets repurposed.

I'd guess the duelling coaster planned for EU is one of the concepts they had for a Fast & Furious themed coaster. They probably couldn't make it fit in any of the existing parks, so they decided to re-use the concept for EU. A good idea never really dies, it just gets repurposed.
Hmmm I wonder if the EU coaster could fit in the MIB/FF plot of land. Would’ve worked for Fast and Furious then.

Is it just me that finds a few of the sight lines bad here?
Looking at pictures they could have done a better job hiding the Forbidden Journey show building from view when in Hogsmede, just seems poor…

Is it just me that finds a few of the sight lines bad here?
Looking at pictures they could have done a better job hiding the Forbidden Journey show building from view when in Hogsmede, just seems poor…
Universal clearly don't see this as an issue. This is the 4th Hoggsmead with the same pronblem, at least in Hollywood they painted it a certain color to try and make it blend in.

At this point I feel JW Adventure is gonna be Spider-Man with a real practical set finale, first Spidey ride to have a Major AA in it, so I feel that will set it apart for the ride system, but may not be overly special beyond that. KFP seems like a well done attraction, and I’m really here to see the HTTYD Show, although I feel I shouldn’t and wait for EU but that’s also 4-5 years away so not sure what to do there.