Universal Studios Beijing (Locked Thread) | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Locked Thread)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just worried about the smog situation. If you've ever been to Beijing, you'll know that it's a constant and considerable threat. I can't imagine going to a theme park in that kind of environment.

^ you can't, but the millions of people who LIVE there can imagine visiting the park. Same reason Shanghai is getting a Disney park. Smog in Shanghai is currently unbelievably horrible. I'm afraid they're not building these parks to be destinations with international guests in mind, but for the huge populations in their respective Chinese cities. Makes sense considering how many people live there, and with Disney and Universal wanting to bring their brands to more people.

I'd love to see a large European Universal Studios park. I'm gonna pretend the Moscow one (if it ever gets built) never exists.

I'm afraid they're not building these parks to be destinations with international guests in mind, but for the huge populations in their respective Chinese cities. Makes sense considering how many people live there, and with Disney and Universal wanting to bring their brands to more people.
Of course they aren't. No theme park ever builds for an international audience.

But I can tell you that the Chinese population is concerned, and I doubt Universal or Disney both want to put out a bad show. To think that smog won't affect attendance or the experience is incorrect in my opinion - especially if you've ever traveled or stayed in Beijing or Shanghai. If you're part of the middle class and the government issues a health advisory, you stay inside and avoid outdoor activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not Beijing, but Universal Studios Shanghai concept art.

dy9o5.jpg

Chilly Willy Restaurant.

jqme61.jpg

Wonder why 2019, that's so far away. Still, once ground breaks, then I'll believe it's coming. Universal has had so many cancelled projects. But I'm sure this one will happen, considering it's China.

China is expected to build 59 theme parks by 2020
That's crazy. And like 12 opened in the last 2 years! It's absolutely crazy, and I'm kinda jealous to be honest haha. I'd love for Universal to open a proper new 3rd park (not water park) in Orlando before 2020, and think of even more ways to expand USH.

Considering the population in China and their growing middle class, they're ripe for a major park from Disney or Universal. The United States is pretty saturated but the Chinese market is sorely undeserved.

We're talking 1.3 billion versus 314 million people.

Status
Not open for further replies.