Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Locked Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious if it will be the cheap park similar to Singapore, or a top tier park like Japan.  However, these new parks won't have half of the rides from Japan because those aren't made anymore.  I feel Japan will always be in a class of its own.

Will they build Potter from the get go?

I feel Japan is the last great Universal park which holds true to the Universal classics.

I think it'll be a big Universal park because it'll have to compete with so many other Chinese theme parks, and also have to compete with Shanghai Disneyland, which is gonna be massive. I agree that it won't have many amazing classics from Japan (the park is in a league of its own), but I definitely think it'll have a healthy lime up of rides, and include Forbidden Journey and the new Kong ride coming to IOA.

The image came out small, but Orlando Park News has a full sized image to get a better look.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/10/universal-confirms-plans-for-theme-park.html#more

20ra2xt.jpg

Black= Hogsmeade

Red= Jurassic Park

Yellow= Diagon Alley

Blue= Far Far Away

• 1. (Yellow)= Diagon Alley.
  • 2. (Yellow)= Diagon's Facade look up on Google Diagon Alley facade and the 3 buildings on the far right will look familiar.
  • 1. (Green)= Hulk Clone (with a new theme since Disney has Marvel rights there).
  • 4. (light-blue)= Most likely Revenge of the Mummy.
  • 5. (Black)= Hogsmeade.
  • 6. (Black)= Flight of the Hippogriff?
  • 7. (Black)= Hogwarts/Forbidden Journey?
  • 9. (White)= Men in Black: Alien Attack (look at MIB on Google Maps from the top/back).
  • 10. (Red)= Jurassic Park Discovery Center (possibly dining like in USS and USJ)
  • 11. (Red)= Jurassic Park River Adventure
  • 12. (Blue)= Far Far Away Castle (Presumably with Shrek 4D)
  • 13. (Blue)= Spinner ride (South of the Coaster)
  • 14. (Blue)= Kiddie Coaster (Possibly Enchanted Airways).
  • 15. (Blue)= Shrek's Swamp with possibly a Carousel in front of it.

^

I disagree with you on the black being Hogwarts/Hogsmeade as that doesn't look like Hogwarts for the castle...I am thinking we're seeing a new area based on the Monsters in a Transylvania themed land.

^

I disagree with you on the black being Hogwarts/Hogsmeade as that doesn't look like Hogwarts for the castle...I am thinking we're seeing a new area based on the Monsters in a Transylvania themed land.
True, but it just looks really similar. A castle, a village, a kiddie coaster.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Transformers would make USB's lineup considering TF4 was the highest grossing film in China.

The area outlined in black looks kind of like the scholastic book renditions of Hogsmead and Hogwarts. Although I agree with Alex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the concept art again, the carousel looks like King Julien's Beach Party Go Round from USS and the building with the cabana could be a Madagascar: A Crate Adventure.

If that concept art comes to fruition, this park will have a spectacular entrance. The name Universal Beijing on the bottom left hand side is also interesting. Curious as to why they didn't stick with the current branding for Universal Parks & Resorts.

Wonder what they're going to do about the air quality though...

^

yea true but you do see a version of DA so it could also be just one land entirely filled with potter if the liscensing hasn't finished for the Asian market in china.. and I find something interesting. on the right side of the London buildings you see something that looks like a train station for HE.

I see Transformers between Hulk and MIB.  Look at the notch in the building...  Its reversed from USH and USF, but nearly no doubt they won't pass on this ride in China!

Shocked about Shrek 4D...

There seems to be areas of growth as well as some of these properties may not open on opening day similar to Transformers in Singapore.

Jurassic Park looks alot more like RAPIDS Adventure than River Adventure.

What they heck is all that stuff under the fireworks display?

Jon, are we buying tickets now?

I see SciFi City as MIB, TF and the Hulk Coaster (renamed).

Diagon Aley with Gringotts (not sure about Hogwarts Express)  Hogsmead is next to it with Hippogriff, but no FJ.

Looks to me like the Mummy is also themed with the other Castle and coaster.  Odd and unique.

Jurassic Park

Far Far Away

And a lot of dead space...

We now have a new acronym... USB!

Wait!  No Arch???  Jon its a disgrace!

I see Transformers between Hulk and MIB.  Look at the notch in the building...  Its reversed from USH and USF, but nearly no doubt they won't pass on this ride in China!
I noticed that, too. Hopefully it'll be less like it's own Asian sister and more like the American ones with 4K screens.

My Predictions:

Blue - SciFi City:

MIB, TF and Hulk

Tan - Potter:

DA, Gringotts, Hogsmead, Hippogriff and FJ.  (Why the concept art doesn't look like Hogsmead is beyond me, but its the right place for it)

Brown - Universal Monsters

RotM, a coaster and unknown under the fireworks.

Green - Jurassic Park:

Rapids Adventure, not River Adventure

Purple - Far, Far Away:

Shrek 4D and many kiddie rides or indoor shows.

It'd be really interesting to see both Potter lands in one park. Diagon Alley is definitely identifiable up until it gets to Gringotts, then it looks heavily off model, except for the dome. I wouldn't be surprised, as others have said, that Universal didn't wanna be premature about promising the Wizarding World before finalizing details with Warner Bros.

Lineup seems pretty cool, but also kinda...idk. For the size of the complex that theyre promising, I kinda wish there'd be even more attractions. Definitely a healthy lineup, but i wonder how it'll compare to size wise to Shanghai Disneyland.

Also, we gotta remember how far away this park is. 2019/2020 is super far away. I'm sure a lot of the concepts and rides they put in the concept art is just filler ideas. A lot of films and animated movies can be made into rides before then. Yeah there are Universal standards they can use, but I think we'll definitely see a lot more original concepts and newer rides than what is in the concept art.

For one, I'd be surprised if they didn't incorporate Kong somehow!

Status
Not open for further replies.