Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Florida New Nighttime Show (2024)

It seems crazy to remove all of the fountains after like 5 years? Wasn't world of color 75 million at least over a decade ago? This had to have cost a lot of money to put in and was viewed by most as a successful show especially compared to previous ones. I am not really sure what better they could do in the space apart from a greatly updated version with more fountains/fire/pyro.

The World of Color "lake" is more like a pool than a real body of water. Less crap in the water to get pulled into the pumps and sprayers.

It seems crazy to remove all of the fountains after like 5 years? Wasn't world of color 75 million at least over a decade ago? This had to have cost a lot of money to put in and was viewed by most as a successful show especially compared to previous ones. I am not really sure what better they could do in the space apart from a greatly updated version with more fountains/fire/pyro.

WoC has had numerous repairs and replacements over the years, don't forget when the fried the whole show control system!

Rumor is the fountain jets received damage during the hurricane so they're replacing it all.

Kinda shocked it's this involved. Must have been way more damaged then I thought.

Just hoping the new show is as good as it's predecessor. That was a really excellent entertaining show, Disney night show level. I always caught it two or three times a vacation if it was playing daily. Unfortunately, the schedule was kind of hit and miss certain times of the year. Even the TM's didn't know if it was running some nights. I think that might have been the cause of sketchy attendance at times.

Any ideas when we may hear more info regarding this show or is it anticipated to be later in 2024 opening?

I think details about 2024 (Dream Works and new show/parade) all come in December, after Christmas stuff has been announced, but before people start booking summer vacations. Probably similar to the timeframe for Mardi Gras announcements.

Just my opinion....Previous lagoon show was excellent, considering they have restraints on how large the fireworks can be. Something similar, with some IP updates, would be fine with me. Show probably would have continued if not for the hurricane damage. With Dreamworks land coming on board next year, and the new Minions attraction, I could see more emphasis on that. When I was there Trolls and DM usually had the biggest crowd cheers anyway. I could guess no F&F for sure. That was a weak segment anyway, plus the ride sucks., New: a scene of classic Monsters, and some Mario/Donkey to round out the show as an early intro to Epic.....The combination of water screens and projections was pretty good.

Visible construction has started for the new lagoon show.

Seems like they're using the same design from the previous structure. Surprised to see it being reused when they only got 4ish years out of it.

Just my opinion....Previous lagoon show was excellent, considering they have restraints on how large the fireworks can be. Something similar, with some IP updates, would be fine with me. Show probably would have continued if not for the hurricane damage. With Dreamworks land coming on board next year, and the new Minions attraction, I could see more emphasis on that. When I was there Trolls and DM usually had the biggest crowd cheers anyway. I could guess no F&F for sure. That was a weak segment anyway, plus the ride sucks., New: a scene of classic Monsters, and some Mario/Donkey to round out the show as an early intro to Epic.....The combination of water screens and projections was pretty good.
I'm still confused by all of this. How bad was the damage??? I could have sworn CineCele was able to run last Christmas and then, was mysteriously canceled for good Feb 2023 or something.

Good to see that USF still wants to use Fountains If that's what they're working on here.

Cinematic Celebration was a great show that never got the spotlight it deserved. Felt like the show was a bit too long for the name of synergy with slow drawn-out F&F and Jurassic sections at the start that tended to throw people off.

Would love for them to split the show into genres with IPs mixed in versus a slideshow going IP to IP though. Trolls section needs to come back.

I'm still confused by all of this. How bad was the damage??? I could have sworn CineCele was able to run last Christmas and then, was mysteriously canceled for good Feb 2023 or something.

Good to see that USF still wants to use Fountains If that's what they're working on here.
Even prior to the hurricane there were a few lights/fountains not working, so it looks like they were planning on refurbishing it post-HHN either way and decided to scrap it earlier than expected. Hurricane didn't do too much damage, but enough to cancel refurb plans.

Cinematic Celebration was a great show that never got the spotlight it deserved. Felt like the show was a bit too long for the name of synergy with slow drawn-out F&F and Jurassic sections at the start that tended to throw people off.

Would love for them to split the show into genres with IPs mixed in versus a slideshow going IP to IP though. Trolls section needs to come back.

Even prior to the hurricane there were a few lights/fountains not working, so it looks like they were planning on refurbishing it post-HHN either way and decided to scrap it earlier than expected. Hurricane didn't do too much damage, but enough to cancel refurb plans.
CineCele was the best show yet for USF!

Looking on YT, CineCele did play in 2023. Interesting............