Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios & WWoHP Capacities

Jan 11, 2016
Curious what the numbers are, as far as we know. Here's some estimates:

Islands of Adventure: 35-40K total

- Hogsmeade: 4K

- Forbidden Journey queue: 2.5K

- Hogswart's Express: up to 2.7K per hour

Universal Studios Florida: ?? total

- Diagon Alley: 8K

- Gringotts queue: 4K

Universal Studios Hollywood: 25-45K total (park buyout max: 25K, but I've read up to 45K)

- Hogsmeade: ??

- Forbidden Journey queue: ??

For reference: Epcot 90-110K, Magic Kingdom 80-100K, Animal Kingdom: 55-60K, Disney Hollywood Studios 65-75K

Corrections, additions, etc. welcomed -- thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
new capacity for the park is 60k once potter opens 

potter will be fluid 6k with 3k for FJ and 1.5k for hippogrif 

My friend works in the land. and he told me 

new capacity for the park is 60k once potter opens 

potter will be fluid 6k with 3k for FJ and 1.5k for hippogriff 
If today's park capacity is 45K, and Hogsmeade w/attractions adds 6K, then would be hard to go higher than 51K unless the 45K number is low -- and I don't think it is, since the buyout of the park is only 25K.

with 41K in 1996 for Jurassic Park, I think there is a lot more room with adding the Amphitheater footprint to the mix.  However, no where near 60K.  I have personally worked the park in the early 2000's with 35K and its chaos.  If I were to guess, USH could possibly hold 45K...but no more than that!

I still would not want to be there for any day over 32K.

Maybe if the park just said "screw it" and let the public roam the entire backlot then it would be 60k but otherwise never haha.

Park capacity was 33k when I left in 2013 (in 2012, prior to T2 closing it was 36k), I'm guessing Potter will increase it to 45k at the most, but just to be safe it's probably a tad lower than that.

Revising the Disney totals based on feedback elsewhere:

MK: 85-95K -- Epcot: 80-90K -- AK: 70-75K -- DHS: 50K

Disneyland: 85-90K -- DCA: 30-35K

Park capacity was 33k when I left in 2013 (in 2012, prior to T2 closing it was 36k), I'm guessing Potter will increase it to 45k at the most, but just to be safe it's probably a tad lower than that.
I agree it's lower, since Hogsmeade capacity is unlikely to be more than 4K (reportedly the IOA Hogsmeade max, which I presume includes the Dragon Challenge) --  so if 33K is the number to start with, 37K would be the new max.