Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's 6th Hotel Rumors & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about it, the CBBR expansion was started only a few months ago. This could go up relatively quickly.

So interesting note, Universal/Loews sells their rooms in lengths-of-stay blocks. They reserve a small percentage of rooms for stays of 1 night, a bigger percentage for 2 night stays, and so on. I forget the exact circumstance where I needed to change reservation nights/number of nights and the representative told me that they had no more 1 night stays available for the night I wanted it, but I could extend to a 2 night stay (or longer) for either the night before or after the one I wanted.

^ I didn't know they did that.

I've suspected something last like this as I sometimes play around with options when trying to find a room.

I did notice last year that it seems impossible to get a one night stay during an HHN weekend, but I have no clue if that is because I waited too long or if they try not to offer them. I did keep playing around every now and again and was finally able to get a SAT night only at RPR, I think it was on FRI though.

But other times, I could find rooms for three nights that I could not find for two nights (often looking for a weekend when the budget says it is better to head up early on the first night as opposed to heading up the night before)...then again, their methods have gotten me to appreciate how relaxing it is to have dinner at City Walk followed by some mini golf and then start the park experience with EPA after a restful night as opposed to going to the parks after a long drive.

They've got my number or something. Maybe I should try and clear my cookies :bonk:

Interesting. I wonder if you wanted one night, but they were only showing rooms available for two nights, could you book the two night stay, then call and cancel the night you didn't want?

If you think about it, the CBBR expansion was started only a few months ago. This could go up relatively quickly.

So interesting note, Universal/Loews sells their rooms in lengths-of-stay blocks. They reserve a small percentage of rooms for stays of 1 night, a bigger percentage for 2 night stays, and so on. I forget the exact circumstance where I needed to change reservation nights/number of nights and the representative told me that they had no more 1 night stays available for the night I wanted it, but I could extend to a 2 night stay (or longer) for either the night before or after the one I wanted.

This was for a 3-night stay and nada. Extended to a 4-night stay and only got availability at Portofino & Cabana at seasonal rates.. Portofino at $381 and Cabana at $212 per night! :yikes:

This is essentially a revenue management tactic. If Saturday is a high demand date and Friday has a ton of rooms open or if Sunday has a lot of rooms open, rather than jack the rate up to double the rate for Saturday to discourage bookings and still have a bunch of unoccupied rooms on the other nights, the hotel will try to sell rooms for two nights at the regular rate and drive revenue that way. It keeps ADR in a manageable range for the high demand night and drives RevPAR on the night before or the night after.

This isn't unique to Loews or Universal. In New Orleans, hotels use this tactic to sell rooms on Friday nights when there are Saints home games on Sundays.

This was for a 3-night stay and nada. Extended to a 4-night stay and only got availability at Portofino & Cabana at seasonal rates.. Portofino at $381 and Cabana at $212 per night! :yikes:

Yeah, I still think UOR is doing well and I am surprised that even with 1K new rooms, it is still getting harder to find rooms. There is a reason we have not been since FEB. I think when I was last thinking about a weekend getaway adding a day offered a couple of choices in the $300+ range which looked better than the one room in the $900+ range, but still out of my league!

We tended to average a visit a quarter....this year we are going more for HHN and I booked rooms earlier than I normally would for one of our getaways. At least we are semi close and can be flexible about when to go but it does seem like it is far better to plan earlier than a few weeks out.

Are the rates based on demand or season? It seems they are offering less off season rates. Even in the off season.

I wonder what the theme of the Aventure Resort will be?

And since this ISN'T the 5 Star that I thought it was going to be, I am curious if they have given up on that idea. I have found that if a plan is over a year old and they haven't started it yet, it will probably change. These guys are totally ADHD.

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder if you wanted one night, but they were only showing rooms available for two nights, could you book the two night stay, then call and cancel the night you didn't want?

Nope. They won't let you cancel one night. You would have to cancel the whole reservation, then try to book the one night.

I assume these go here? I think this is the area I saw described on here for #6

29974863215_2fb6cc3374_c.jpg

29348166593_22c0174ca6_c.jpg

29681216840_09167dde97_c.jpg

29347329814_e231f10333_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.