Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Preview Center would be nice for sure. ...Just anecdotal, but we were at WDW for 10 nights a couple of weeks ago. We're a very social able couple and we often engage in conversation with other guests. Of all the people we spoke to, and there were hundreds, and we generally mentioned the new Epic park that Universal is opening, not a single person had heard that Universal was opening a new park in two years. The closest was a large group of guests, that we sat next to at the MK while waiting for the night castle show, from Virginia staying in a Shingle Creek hotel. They didn't know about the new park, but said they noticed the construction going up across from the Orange County Convention Center where they were attending a convention. At the convention they didn't hear any buzz about a new Universal park. I think we get a distorted view of Epic knowledge in our little IU ultra fan group. Short of the more rabid internet theme park fans, and some of the local Orlando population, I'm doubting many people have any idea that Epic is going to happen in apx. two short years. Preview centers at the park resort, and perhaps the airport, might help spreading the word.

Preview Center would be nice for sure. ...Just anecdotal, but we were at WDW for 10 nights a couple of weeks ago. We're a very social able couple and we often engage in conversation with other guests. Of all the people we spoke to, and there were hundreds, and we generally mentioned the new Epic park that Universal is opening, not a single person had heard that Universal was opening a new park in two years. The closest was a large group of guests, that we sat next to at the MK while waiting for the night castle show, from Virginia staying in a Shingle Creek hotel. They didn't know about the new park, but said they noticed the construction going up across from the Orange County Convention Center where they were attending a convention. At the convention they didn't hear any buzz about a new Universal park. I think we get a distorted view of Epic knowledge in our little IU ultra fan group. Short of the more rabid internet theme park fans, and some of the local Orlando population, I'm doubting many people have any idea that Epic is going to happen in apx. two short years. Preview centers at the park resort, and perhaps the airport, might help spreading the word.

We would have had a documentary by now if it was a new Disney theme park lol

The Bourne show stopped unexpectedly at some point and a guy came out and started telling the audience about how the show works while they were fixing whatever was wrong. He mentioned the "pucks" that the physical sets were on that could be programmed to move any way they needed them to along the floor. This looks like what the ride vehicles are on this carousel.

• Wow
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Universal has barely talked about the park. Should not be surprised people don’t know about it. This has been Universal’s MO forever. They’ll ramp up promotion when it’s close to being done

It's a tough needle to thread. Hype it up too early and people will delay trips until it opens, making 2024 bookings vulnerable. Don't talk it up enough - and at the right time - you risk not having sufficient awareness. I should hope they learned their lessons from the Universal Escape fiasco.

It's a tough needle to thread. Hype it up too early and people will delay trips until it opens, making 2024 bookings vulnerable. Don't talk it up enough - and at the right time - you risk not having sufficient awareness. I should hope they learned their lessons from the Universal Escape fiasco.
I think we’ll see a full court press in the second half of next year. Remember we’re still 2+ years from opening

I think we’ll see a full court press in the second half of next year. Remember we’re still 2+ years from opening

I agree, I think promotion will start in earnest after the bulk of the summer season has passed. Horror Nights and holidays will sell themselves.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I have no doubt, post Minion Blast opening, and pre HHN, we will get more Epic info.

I do not have inside information, but promoting a massive extension of your resort 2 years in advance sounds very realistic. Remember, they now will have 3 more resorts to fill including 1 of them being their most expensive.

Universal marketing tends to be last minute, but that will change in 2023 with Epic Universe.

and....Disney is back on the offensive with their return to no park reservations for regular tickets, dining plans, more AP dates, easier to navigate Genie +, in 2024. It's a war again, guys. Universal can't play possum too long.

I agree, I think promotion will start in earnest after the bulk of the summer season has passed. Horror Nights and holidays will sell themselves.

So I did some research and the IOA Preview Center opened in 1997, so Universal talking about the park this summer wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Don't forget they have hotel rooms to sell too and last I heard from the travel agent circles Universal was looking to start selling those later this year/early next year.

Any new updates on how Universal is going to deal with the sewage treatment plant near the park. Just curious if there is any speculation on how this will be addressed. Or if it actually needs to be addressed.

Last edited:
So I did some research and the IOA Preview Center opened in 1997, so Universal talking about the park this summer wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Don't forget they have hotel rooms to sell too and last I heard from the travel agent circles Universal was looking to start selling those later this year/early next year.
Goes along with me hearing a few months back the first big push coming in January.