Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hype it up too early and people will delay trips until it opens
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

We're the very small set of people that Universal doesn't have to use marketing campaigns to reach. Different markets have different booking behaviors for vacations, so it wouldn't be surprising for the serious marketing to occur in somewhere like the UK first where people book vacations much further in advance than most domestic US visitors do.

and....Disney is back on the offensive with their return to no park reservations for regular tickets, dining plans, more AP dates, easier to navigate Genie +, in 2024. It's a war again, guys. Universal can't play possum too long.
The only part of this that makes me laugh is "easier to navigate Genie+"

According to who? lol

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
The only part of this that makes me laugh is "easier to navigate Genie+"

According to who? lol
As stated by Disney....Yes. That may be an impossible task :lol: ....Too complicated and too bothersome.....I went in April during moderate crowd levels and had absolutely no need for Genie+. Armed with the knowledge (from Touring Plans) of the hourly trend times for SR lines, and the TP analytics study that 'actual' line times are usually only 60% of 'posted' wait times, I rarely waited in a long line. The old formula of riding in early morning & late evenings, and leave the afternoons for shows and the minor attractions almost always works.

• Wow
Reactions: TheCodeMan95

What's funny is I just did an interview about Epic Universe with my opinions on how much traffic it might cause, and I specifically said that with the Kirkman Rd expansion, Universal and the county are hoping to not affect the surrounding areas too negatively. That's why there's a raised flyover exit ramp to get to the new park from Kirkman after all... So it's not the new park you have to worry about, it's the two new other hotels now proposed by other companies, and other development near that area hoping to capitalize on Universal's expansion. The county has worked out solutions to ease traffic for Epic, they have not for future stuff 10 years down the road...

And now this.

Where do they hope to get a team? Presumably, it would have to be a relocated Rays or Marlins, because I can’t see a third southern Florida team being added while two already struggle. Heck, Orlando doesn’t even have a minor league team - I’d be rather surprised if it wasn’t the largest US city without a professional baseball team at any level.

Where do they hope to get a team? Presumably, it would have to be a relocated Rays or Marlins, because I can’t see a third southern Florida team being added while two already struggle. Heck, Orlando doesn’t even have a minor league team - I’d be rather surprised if it wasn’t the largest US city without a professional baseball team at any level.
I'd guess Rays, since they have the worst stadium in MLB. Miami has a fairly new field. Oakland is probably moving to Vegas. No expansions are planned. Most everything else is solid.

I agree and I feel like this whole thing is a pipe dream. The Rays are actually doing much better lately.

expansion is absolutely on the table — Nashville is the betting favorite if Oakland moves to Las Vegas. I would also be surprised if a third florida team is added while Tampa struggles to get a stadium done; which makes me think this is a leverage play for the rays owners to get public money for their own stadium plan.

Business news sites reported today that a group wants to build a MLB stadium near Epic ... on county owned land

We may need that monorail after all ha
Off topic but Florida already has two MLB teams that it largely ignores. If Orlando wants a team, just move the Rays :p.

edit:whoops/ delete my bad

Reactions: Ahmanet
There really should be a "build this stadium ONLY if there is a mass transit system added to the area" clause with this, because if Brightline/Sun Rail doesn't happen traffic will be absolute chaos on game days. That plot for this next to Aquatica seems WAY TOO SMALL and parking (even if they build a huge garage) will be a nightmare for the surrounding businesses with people trying to park for the stadium at neighboring parks, hotels, shopping centers, etc. Already that happens when Megacon is in town with people parking in all the adjoining businesses and walking to the OCCC.

They really need to get more aggressive about getting that rail link and improving other public transport with EU, the OCCC and everything already being built or there already.

I live in Williamsburg and most of the time traffic is heavy but bearable (except Christmas week), but just the construction traffic for EU is starting to cause issues-- I can't imagine the park being open AND having a new stadium there as well.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I last logged into the forum, and I see that there are a lot of messages. I'm sorry to ask, but could someone be so kind as to summarize the line-up of attractions that are 100% safe currently? Are there any official names?
As far as I know:

1.SUPER NINTENDO WORLD:
Mario Kart Bowser/Koopa's Challenge
Yoshi's Adventure
Donkey Kong Mine-Cart Madness
Donkey Kong TreeHouse??

2.Classic Monsters World (Official name of the area?)
Frankstein Robocoaster Dark ride
Wolfman Coaster
Creature of the Black Lagoon expansion?

3.Fantastic Beasts Land? Paris Ministry?
Floo Network Dark ride?
Brooms VR Ride?

4.Isle of Berk (Official Name?)
Coaster?
Flat Ride?
Splash Batle?
Universal Shangai Stunt Show?Name?

5.CELESTIAL GARDENS?
Cosmic Race Duel Coaster?
Carousel?

6.HELIOS GRAND HOTEL?

Thanks a lot!

It looks like I'm leaving a lasting mark on the park facade if things go the way they are. Making this post now so I can quote it in two years and go ta-da! :lol:

Reactions: Nico
It's been a long time since I last logged into the forum, and I see that there are a lot of messages. I'm sorry to ask, but could someone be so kind as to summarize the line-up of attractions that are 100% safe currently? Are there any official names?
As far as I know:

1.SUPER NINTENDO WORLD:
Mario Kart Bowser Challenge
Yoshi's Adventure
Donkey Kong Mine-Cart Madness
Donkey Kong TreeHouse??

2. Dark Universe
Universal Monsters Unchained
Curse of the Werewolf
Creature of the Black Lagoon expansion?

3. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Minitires of Magic
Battle for the Ministry