Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everyone seems to be wondering what Universal is going to do for 2026 (Zelda? Epic expansion? Etc).

I would like the DK playground. It should be a quick build and I liked the leaked concept art.

Plus, another playground seems like fun!

Everyone seems to be wondering what Universal is going to do for 2026 (Zelda? Epic expansion? Etc).

I would like the DK playground. It should be a quick build and I liked the leaked concept art.

Plus, another playground seems like fun!
I think there’s room for the playground already, there is more room to the right of DK at Epic than there is in Japan from aerials it appears.

That’s pretty much my point.

There seems to be room, there seems to be concept art, and a playground should be a quick/safe build compared to a major market ride.

Just do it already!
The concept art we’ve seen for a DK play area was part of the older pitch plans, and had the playground around the entrance to the mine cart attraction. It was never approved or greenlit for construction.

Not saying there’s not art for a play area expansion now, just that we’ve never seen a version that goes with the final layout of the area publicly.

The concept art we’ve seen for a DK play area was part of the older pitch plans, and had the playground around the entrance to the mine cart attraction. It was never approved or greenlit for construction.

Not saying there’s not art for a play area expansion now, just that we’ve never seen a version that goes with the final layout of the area publicly.
Good to know!

Do you happen to know how much space is actually being allotted for the HTTYD playground?

So I just saw this video and a rumor of the park having a "free" area and then ticketing off each land or a ticket that lets you into all lands.....Maybe I've very out of the loop but never heard about this until today, are they really considering this type of park?

• Haha
Reactions: jarmor
Summer 2025 Grand Opening.

That sounds like a long way off, and yet behind the scenes at EVERY department at Universal they see it as T-minus 24 months and counting. Thousands of unique pieces of merchendise need to be designed and manufactured. Hundreds of CM costumes need to be designed and thousands created. F&B has to get all their ducks in a line. And then there is the Entertainment Department. We haven't even discussed "Streetmosphere" yet. There is a whole lot to do and we just entered the 24 month window.

That sounds like a long way off, and yet behind the scenes at EVERY department at Universal they see it as T-minus 24 months and counting. Thousands of unique pieces of merchendise need to be designed and manufactured. Hundreds of CM costumes need to be designed and thousands created. F&B has to get all their ducks in a line. And then there is the Entertainment Department. We haven't even discussed "Streetmosphere" yet. There is a whole lot to do and we just entered the 24 month window.
I can't even imagine the stress and excitement for those involved...

By Summer, are we talking June/July or a Mummy-summer in October/November? :lol: Just kidding, early summer in May (assuming no delays) looks like the target with the timing of their recent AP price increases, and those months are now the quietest period for the parks.

It'll be interesting to see how soon they start hiring/training for all the ridiculous amounts of TMs they will need. The resort is understaffed at the moment, and I can't imagine how it'll be in a few years with the increase in positions required. Rent/Home prices in the Orlando area are just starting to decrease, so there's been a significant decline in population growth. Should allow people to get closer to the parks from a housing perspective, especially with a ridiculous amount of new apartments now opening up in the area.

I just really hope Sand Lake Road and the other surrounding areas are ready for the traffic.

I just really hope Sand Lake Road and the other surrounding areas are ready for the traffic.

Volleyball* crowds these past two weeks suggest Universal Blvd/528/I-Drive certainly are not. Unsure if the work on the Daryl Carter exit down I-4 will help or hurt matters.

Also, I looked it up, IoA had two months of soft opens. Do we think EU will have the same or longer?

* Off-topic aside, when did volleyball become the new soccer? Traffic/crowd in Publix just shy of Christmas week. Publix was even selling stacks of volleyball cookie cakes.

Volleyball* crowds these past two weeks suggest Universal Blvd/528/I-Drive certainly are not. Unsure if the work on the Daryl Carter exit down I-4 will help or hurt matters.

Also, I looked it up, IoA had two months of soft opens. Do we think EU will have the same or longer?

* Off-topic aside, when did volleyball become the new soccer? Traffic/crowd in Publix just shy of Christmas week. Publix was even selling stacks of volleyball cookie cakes.

Destination Parkway is going to become the next Vineland Rd soon unfortunately. With Aquatica on a weekly basis at capacity and traffic backing up, the county somehow surprised their large convention center attracts large crowds, I4 between Uni and WDW just starting construction and Epic... boy it's gonna be fun to be a local.

2ish months sound good for Epic Softs. They handled Velocicoaster's AP previews amazingly, something similar for about a week or two should do fine.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I imagine a long roll out period where attractions come on line over time.

That's begging for a PR/guest relations nightmare... even if you put in place a preview warning all over the ticket/admission/email.

Obviously, you can do phased rollouts with some lands, and some attractions will have tech issues, but keeping a ride closed because it's not ready is asking for the SWGE-problem.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
It's insanely popular now, especially with teen girls. My daughter played on her school team and wanted to join a club travel team. Said no due to cost and time commitment for travel. So now she only plays basketball and soccer LOL

Reactions: SeventyOne