Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any idea why they waited this long to make these changes? Parts of the country are leaving quarantine, so the economy is picking up (yes, I know, plenty of faulty logic in that sentence).

I would think that Comcast would’ve been less bullish during quarantine and a little more bullish as it ended. Feels like the opposite is happening.

I think as of even a month ago, with more of the economy opening up there was (IMO misguided) optimism towards things becoming more positive. But over the last month (and even more so the last week) with the incredible increases in positivity rates and hospitalizations in many areas, as well as all of the different countries talking about travel bans into or from the US, the decision makers have started to realize the worst is not behind us but still well ahead of us.

I dunno man, this is just a lot of hypotheticals stacked on top of each other. Anyone saying we won't get EU until almost 2030 is being ridiculously pessimistic. We're only 5 months into this mess, things change scary fast through all of this. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hey y’all this is for news not speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a lightning rod to me.

How new is this and is this built by Universal?

It has been there a while, I see two enclosures on it so maybe camera? One at the top maybe transmitter but rod on top is lightning as you said I think. No transformer or other support at the base so maybe not online yet? I don't know enough about current surveying techniques but another guess is the center point from which everything else gets measured? Does not make much sense in this day of GPS tho...

Reactions: Scott W.
It has been there a while, I see two enclosures on it so maybe camera? One at the top maybe transmitter but rod on top is lightning as you said I think. No transformer or other support at the base so maybe not online yet? I don't know enough about current surveying techniques but another guess is the center point from which everything else gets measured? Does not make much sense in this day of GPS tho...

land surveying is still done with physical markers in the ground (usually use GPS to find those markers), but I don't think this pole is that. Seems like some telecom type gear and some cameras?

land surveying is still done with physical markers in the ground (usually use GPS to find those markers), but I don't think this pole is that. Seems like some telecom type gear and some cameras?

Long range WiFi sounds totally feasible and makes a lot of sense to keep everybody connected. Especially when things like iPads With cloud storage are getting used more and more in these kinds of construction.

In an interesting development..a tax break is being given for NBCUniversal/Comcast in regard's to the plot of land, and has been approved by OC directly.

In an interesting development..a tax break is being given for NBCUniversal/Comcast in regard's to the plot of land, and has been approved by OC directly.

I would expect nothing less. This park will bring them much more than this concession.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think some headlines and tweets are missing the real story here. The county is voting on whether or not to offer up to 5 million in credits towards future utilities to Universal to help them offset the cost of replacing a very old wastewater pipe that the city would need to replace eventually anyway. It’s a reimbursement work Universal would be doing for the their land that the county would likely need to do themselves someday.

If we’re talking about the same news story, this isn’t at all what the headlines for some sites would have you believe.

screenshot from the sentinel for further clarity:

E1FD84B1-DD7B-4EF0-9158-CD1B56D2AF13.png