Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Welp, there goes my palm tree theory.

I imagine on a job like this, construction can't just stop without paying some kind of penalty further down the road.

Welp, there goes my palm tree theory.

I imagine on a job like this, construction can't just stop without paying some kind of penalty further down the road.
One possibility. Potter hung his cloak of invisibility on the palm tree while he had to take a construction porty john break. :lol: ;)

I just spoke to the lady at my convenience store and she told me that, because of less money coming in at the parks, Universal has slashed the landscaping plans for the Jurassic coaster and the single palm tree from EU land will be the landscaping for the project. Very clever and will provide some kick-ass shade.

The road project? Yea. The park project? I mean, history is littered with canceled theme parks

It really all comes down to how confident Universal feel that project will go ahead.

Getting construction to a point where the land can be left for a few months or years so that construction can cheaply and quickly resume when the time comes is critical. Florida can be a harsh environment with things left alone.

Does anyone know what the results were of the vote for the pipeline reimbursement by Orange County? I think the vote was supposed to be Tuesday.

Does anyone know what the results were of the vote for the pipeline reimbursement by Orange County? I think the vote was supposed to be Tuesday.

It was last Tuesday (7/6), it did pass, and I think it was unanimous.

But it really shouldn't have been an issue or controversial for people not in total opposition to the park.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Alicia
Parks and Film results were expected since they were mostly shut down. Earnings call wasn't all negative though. Comcast earnings beat analysts' estimates on the top and bottom lines.
Earnings per share were 69 cents adjusted vs. 55 cents expected. Revenue 23.72 Billion vs. 23.57 expected.
High speed internet customers grew at a faster rate than expected.
Comcast said it retained 95% of Sky sports customers since the beginning of the pandemic, despite the postponement of live sporting events. (The sky is not falling :))
From CNBC

Last edited: